Media Label display

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

jc
jc
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #1by jc » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:55 pm

I keep my movies with a catalog number, and have used the Media Label for that purpose. When I list movies by Media Label, the display shows the label with a collapsed sub - to see the movie associated with the label I have to click on the plus sign. The inference is that some people might use Media Labels as a grouping mechanism. I'd like the movie title to display along with the media label without an additional mouse click or keystroke. Possible?

jc

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Re: Media Label display

Post #2by bolide » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:10 pm

I am afraid this is not possible in the current version.
Group by Media Label is suitable for those who store several movies on one DVD-R, for example.
Bolide Software

jc
jc

Post #3by jc » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:19 pm

Perhaps, in a future version, you could add another field that could be used to list under the "Group by" feature. This new field could be called "Disk Index" or the like.

I know I can add a field under "Custom Fields", but there's no obvious way to display a list by a custom field.

jc

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Post #4by bolide » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:33 pm

There is a Movie ID hidden field in the database. But it is assigned automatically and increments each time when new move added. I don't think it will be useful for you
Bolide Software

jc
jc

Post #5by jc » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:38 pm

I agree - that won't help. What do you think about my suggestion?\\jc

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Post #6by bolide » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:56 am

I don't think the new field is necessary.
Possibly, we'll improve feature with optional additional columns in the movie list. In this case you will be able too see both the names and media labels.
Bolide Software

Return to “All My Movies”