Subtitles/scanning ?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

marrjam
marrjam
With us: 13 years 2 months

Post #1by marrjam » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Greetings,

I used amm to scan my hd and it picks them all up. When I double click to start the movie my default movie player (arcsoft) it starts fine. But I can't use the "Subtitle/Closed Caption", it is unavailable.

But when I start my media player without using amm I have the option to use "Subtitle/Closed Caption"

Am I doing something wrong when I scan the HD with amm?

I'm thinking amm is scanning for files and with my media players I have the option to "open with folder" that seems to pick up more info? Just a shot it the dark, I really don't know.

But "Subtitles" are really important to my aging wife.

Thanks, Mark

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi Mark!
One question - which media player exactly are you using?
May be it's a good idea to associate another player with videofiles and then try to start films from AMM using it?

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

marrjam
marrjam

Playing subtitles

Post #3by marrjam » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am

Greetings, thanks for the reply.

I'm using Arcsoft Total Media 3. But I've tried about every freeware, codec combination. And the freeware works great with all but bluray, then it is a hit/miss kind of deal, even with codec packages installed.

When AAM scans the hard drive, what files does it search for? When I add a new movie (bluray in particular) I maneuver to the bluray directory and choose the first .m2ts file I see. But that doesn't always work. Am I adding new movies incorrectly? What files should I be choosing for bluray? I see BDVM, BDM. In the STREAM folder I see .m2ts.

When I create a path for regular video I go to the video_ts folder and I can click on a VTS file or a _TS INFO file and they work just fine.

Sorry for the rambling, but the video file stuff is confusing for me.

Thanks, Mark

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:13 am

We'll check what can be the problem with Arcsoft Total Media 3...\

When a blu-ray is being added, AMM is trying to find the largest in size m2ts file, not the first one (if you use Movie-Add DVD/Blu-ray option).
When scanning the hard drive for blu-ray, the program again is trying to find the file largest in size.

Regards,

marrjam
marrjam

How amm gathers movie data/closed caption/subtitles

Post #5by marrjam » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:00 am

Greetings,

Spent the last couple of hours working on amm 6.3 and Arcsoft Total Media 3 Platinum, VLC 1.18, and Windows Media Player (win7) and the latest Shark007 codecs (Plus x64).

Movies I used with test (all 4 bluray): Avatar, Gladiator, Planet Earth 1, Fringe Season 1/Disc 1.

Arcsoft Total Media 3 Platinum and VLC without aam, open directory from within the program:

Both open any video directory and have subtitle option for all movies and played them correctly, starting at the beginning of the movie.

When using aam and double clicking on the cover, all movies opened. Only VLC showed subtitles on all movies. None showed in Arcsoft Total Media 3. However, Gladiator did not open at the beginning of the movie, but in the middle. When I tried to edit movie/media info/local path to the beginning file by number it would change and was stuck on the original file it recognized (the largest?).

Windows Media Player (with latest win7codecs) opened all the bluray but Avatar and all movies had subtitles available.

For bluray playing Arcsoft played best, VLC had best subtitle access, but not as smooth as Arcsoft. Windows Media Player was also very good in subtitle catagory, played everything but Avatar.

If amm could read the directories like Arcsoft and VLC it would be fantastic. I have no desire to go back to disc's but much prefer playing off of my network HD through my HTPC running windows 7 64 bit.

Hope you can help me out and get amm to read directories a little more accurately because I really love the visual interface for movie browsing, making my choice and just double clicking on the cover and letting my HTPC take over.

Thanks, Mark

marrjam
marrjam

Yahoo! I figured it out! Subtitles Yes!

Post #6by marrjam » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:32 pm

All right, I'm feeling good after hours playing around, I can consistently get subtitles from several media players by double clicking the cover or clicking on the play icon from within All My Movies, WhooHoo!

This was primarily an issue I was having with ripped bluray files played from my network hard drive.

I've gotten it to work with the following programs: Arcsoft Total Media 3, Media Player Classic - Home Cinema X64 build 1502827 (with Shark007 codecs/x64 added), and VLC 1.18 (Varing degrees of success with VLC).

amm seems to scan for the largest .m2ts files and uses that to launch your default movie player. Well there isn't enough info in that file for subtitles. So I've rerouted the default load file to open the "MovieObject" file located in the BDMV folder and it loads enough info to start the movie and turn on subtitles.

This didn't work with Windows Media Player.

To do this I right clicked on the cover (or use the Edit Movie icon)/then choose the "Media Info" tab at the top/in the "Local Path" field maneuver to the directory of the move that your working on/open the "BDMV" folder/ at the bottom of the window drop down the box and choose "All Files", then double click on the "MovieObject" file and that's it.

I also finally got "Gladiator" to play from the beginning (it always started in the middle, and then if I changed the default load file to the first file sequentially it only played the first file. Now it starts at the beginning and and has all the info I need for subtitles.

The movies I used to practice on were Avatar, Gladiator, Fringe Season 1 Disc 1, Planet Earth 1. April 2/2011

Gemini
Gemini

Post #7by Gemini » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Thank you for the detailed description!
It will be useful for other users :)

Return to “All My Movies”