All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

doctr2k
doctr2k
With us: 15 years 10 months

Post #106by doctr2k » Wed May 28, 2008 12:31 am

I think this program need the following

a newly added star next to the movie title so users can see what movies have been added over a certian period of time.. which can be set by the user.. this star should be removed automaticly once that period of time has lasped

a way to email people with a list of those newly added movies

I'm sure there is more once I figure this thing out more

Krenton
Krenton
With us: 18 years 7 months

Re: Accessability/Keyboard Shortcuts and a few thoughts

Post #107by Krenton » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:06 pm

bolide wrote:
Cardinale wrote:5. Import export support for XML files. Then we could import data from other programs as well as have a easy database support format....XML is really the future...CSV is dead.

ok, we will think what we can do. I think XML is not a future but already the present. It hink we will add this feature in the next version

What's the status of this request ??
I'll like to see this feature too :wink: .

Thx,

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 5 months

Post #108by downe » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:12 am

Is it possible to make option to import more images for one actor, or other crew member...

Tloloc
Tloloc
With us: 15 years 8 months

Post #109by Tloloc » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 pm

I don't know if this has Already been suggested but, It would be great to dis regard "The" and "A" when alphebetizing the database. Just got done changing about 20 movies titles to adjust there places.

RAKISHI
RAKISHI
With us: 16 years

Post #110by RAKISHI » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 am

The Program also need an option to add Treilers and more movie databases

tom7601
tom7601
With us: 15 years 6 months

Older Versions

Post #111by tom7601 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:28 pm

Put a link on the website so those of us who got suckered into upgrading to 5.0 and a trial version can roll back to a version that we can run (since we already paid good money and now can't use the product).

sergiocos
sergiocos
With us: 17 years 7 months

Hi-RES cover for movies

Post #112by sergiocos » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:45 pm

I think it would be good for AMM to have an cover manager built-in (and to store the covers externally)... I had a large collection of custom covers and i want them catalogued along with my movies :)... beside the poster that ilustrates the movie... of course...

downe
downe

Post #113by downe » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:33 pm

I think it's better to get imdb rating in numbers too, besides stars.

Also, would be cool to have option to justify text in description field, not just align to the left...

Lagart
Lagart
With us: 15 years 5 months

Re: Hi-RES cover for movies

Post #114by Lagart » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:26 am

sergiocos wrote:... cover manager built-in (and to store the covers externally)... I had a large collection of custom covers and i want them catalogued along with my movies :)... beside the poster that ilustrates the movie... of course...

I also have some covers which are in good quality. I also think there should be a feature to link them under a path to the hard drive, or to add them as a second cover (stored within the database). Many DVD's have several covers in different countries (if not all), and I have the movies in two different languages, and would like, therefore, to have two different covers for one entry. On this second cover you could also add any back cover the movie has.

Right now I'm using the screenshot feature to solve this problem but I don't feel is the right way to do it, and since this program is focused on people who like order I believe it should be added.

I think the program should ask you whether the information is rewrited. For example, I may have filled into a field the length of the movie, and when AllMyMovies retrieves data from a database without information for this field, it erases it, or change it for the database's length, which may differ from the one you wrote.

This continously occurs with the covers, if you have added one manually, and you enter into a database, forget of your cover, so you have to store in the computer the orginal (which is in a better resolution than any you have downloaded from the internet, because you have scanned it), and re-add it into the movie field.

engjohan
engjohan
With us: 15 years 5 months

Loan Email

Post #115by engjohan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:23 am

When the film are not loaned there should be a mail to loan this movie link. 8)

sergiocos
sergiocos
With us: 17 years 7 months

Post #116by sergiocos » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:20 pm

i hope there is a way to import trailes from imdb, i always preffer trailer into the database instead of screenshots, so his must be a big feature on the new AMM... thanks!

downe
downe

Post #117by downe » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Can You make option when click on some image in the movie, then with ctrl+mouse scrolling we can zoom in (enlarge), or zoom out that image....

Collector
Collector
With us: 15 years 4 months

Suggestions....

Post #118by Collector » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:15 pm

First I want to thank Bolidesoft for this great Movie database. I have some suggestions, that (in my opinion) whould make it even better:

1. Add an option to put articles The, A, An, etc in front of or at the back of movie title. Some of these articles are not articles in other languages, and it becomes very frustrating when these words appear at the end, just because they are articles in english. The current practice is not consistent. In v4.9 build 1259: "The", and "A" are put at the back, but "An" is still kept at the front. Please make it consistent, and add an option to allow it to be displayed at front for those who want.

2. Always put artivle at front while looking up titles in IMDB. If the title is long we might still get a hit with the article at the back, but with a short title and the article at the back we will rearly get any hit. Looking up "The Kid" works fine, but looking up "Kid, The" gives no hit. This is a big problem if you import a lot of titles, and then look them up at IMDB one by one. The titles get the articles wrappet to the back after import, and one have to retype the title to get a hit in IMDB.

3. When looking up non-US/English movies in IMDB, the title is changed to the original non-english title. (Put original non-english title in original title field, and international title in title field.) Then this non-english title is used in step two to look up large covers. Large covers are almost always awailable only by US/English/International title. Please use international title while searching for large covers on DVDEmpire.com and Amazon.com. If possible keep a title language choice for each online database, and use title in that language while searching.

4. The AMM database works fine for smaller collections, but it crashes far too often when the collection becomes big. I have collected movies for more then 20 years, and have converted and cataloged lots of TV recordings, documentaries etc. My catalog is more then 2700 records now. I knew it would be big already when I started to add movies to "All My Movies", because I used my own SW before. I started with "All My Movies" to see if it could really handle a big collection. It works, in a way, as long as all images are stored outside of the database. My current database is about 38 MB. The images folder holds about 3.500 images and take 200+ MB. I have keep 3 backup copies, and saves to backup for about each 5 movie added. The database fails to load almost half of the times bacause it's gotten corrupted. Then I have to go back to one of the backups, which so far have saved me, but I have to re-register almost every title.

5. Add a separate field for Audio language. There is a field for Audio language. There is one for Subtitles. So far I used Audio Stream | Info, but Audio Language whould be better.

6. Remove the code that renames movie titles to WaReZ :shock: It is actually possible to have a big collection of legally owned movies. Dealing with a database that's crashing almost every day, and being harassed by the SW in additioon is a bit too much :roll:

Sorry for my bad spelling. English is not my mother tounge.

dsmc
dsmc
With us: 17 years 9 months

Movie Posters

Post #119by dsmc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Any way to link to www.impawards.com for graphics? I usually like the posters better than the DVD covers.

Rob
Rob
With us: 15 years 4 months

Post #120by Rob » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Hello, just found your software today and I'll be trying it out shortly. I've been using a program called Libra ( http://www.getlibra.com/ ), but it appears to no longer be under development, but is the best program I've found so far as it combines all media types into a single database and the best part, other than being free, is that it allows you to scan the UPC code just like yours does. However there is a very significant difference and a rather major one - you can use your webcam to do it and don't need a barcode scanner. To me, that one thing makes it superior to your application.

If there is anyway for you to add that functionality and combine all the media types into a single application that would really sell me.

The media types it supports - DVDs, Books, Music and Video Games.

Return to “All My Movies”