All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

britnard
britnard
With us: 11 years 3 months

Android App

Post #256by britnard » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Is there any word on when the android app will be available?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #257by Gemini » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Android app is going to be released within a couple of months.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

myuniquename
myuniquename
With us: 11 years 6 months

Excel import & syncing information from a main database

Post #258by myuniquename » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Dear all,

As opposed to appending the titles for a sub-database from a main database, I would like to import from an Excel file and then have the title information synched with the information of the main database instead of IMDb.

My main database draws general information from IMDb, then I customize and correct the entries manually. This is my basic go to database with all titles included.

I create sub-databases with a selection of a specific category of titles of that main database. For this there is the option to "append" titles from the main database. However, this is very timeconsuming and prone to manual errors.

Hence, I prefer the Excel import from a file listing only the titles of my selection. At this point, if I import titles from such an Excel list, AMM syncs the information from IMDb or other online sources. Hence I have to manually adjust and customize all the information again. If I could select my main database as the source instead it would be also easier for me to maintain the sub-databases in case there are small changes to my main database.

Thanks a lot.

myuniquename
myuniquename
With us: 11 years 6 months

Actors field - list other movies instead of character

Post #259by myuniquename » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:46 pm

And another suggestion:

It would be fantastic if I could choose to show other movies the actor is known for instead of which character he portrays in the title, maybe this selection based on the highest rated titles on IMDb.
There used to be such a category on IMDb.

Ex Fight Club: Instead of Brad Pitt (Tyler Durden) it would show in the movie card Brad Pitt (Se7en, Babel, Inglorius Basterds) or an alternative Tyler Durden: Brad Pitt (Se7en, Babel, Inglorius Basterds)

Thanks!

Miguk
Miguk
With us: 11 years 2 months

Post #260by Miguk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm

To serials: I have for example a list of episodes as text.

01. Jak krtek ke kalhotkam prisel (Как Крот нашел себе штанишки, 1957)
02. Krtek a auticko (Крот и машинка, 1963)
03. Krtek a raketa (Крот и ракета, 1966)
04. Krtek a tranzistor (Крот и радио, 1968)
05. Krtek a zelena hvezda (Крот и зеленая звезда, 1969)
06. Krtek a zvykacka (Крот и жвачка, 1969)
07. Krtek v Zoo (Крот в зоопарке, 1969)
08. Krtek zahradnikem (Крот - садовник, 1969)
09. Krtek a jezek (Крот и ёжик, 1970)
10. Krtek a lizatko (Крот и леденец, 1970)
11. Krtek a televizor (Крот и телевизор, 1970)
12. Krtek a paraplicko (Крот и зонтик, 1971)

I would like to have an opportunity to add several lines at once as a numbered list of episodes instead of copying and pasting every single title.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #261by Viki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 am

:idea: I would like to be able to locate my database on any drive OTHER than C:\ProgramData\AllMyMovies. :idea:

Once you have a rather large database it is imperative to protect it.
Backups are performed very regularly (But cover art is not included in the backups even though I have them set to be stored inside the database.)

Collectorz (and others) allow you to choose your database location.
The reason that this would be a good thing, is in case you had to repair your C: drive, your database would still be current and in working order.

In my opinion, AMM is far superior to Collectorz as it is now, but this ability would make it even better.

pallec
pallec
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #262by pallec » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Viki wrote::idea: I would like to be able to locate my database on any drive OTHER than C:\ProgramData\AllMyMovies. :idea:

Once you have a rather large database it is imperative to protect it.
Backups are performed very regularly (But cover art is not included in the backups even though I have them set to be stored inside the database.)

Collectorz (and others) allow you to choose your database location.
The reason that this would be a good thing, is in case you had to repair your C: drive, your database would still be current and in working order.

In my opinion, AMM is far superior to Collectorz as it is now, but this ability would make it even better.

You can place it where you want.

I have mine on my NAS.

szczepan600
szczepan600
With us: 11 years 9 months

Post #263by szczepan600 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Possibility to add more Media types.

Sometimes I have a movie on vhs, dvd and bd. At this moment you can assign one type (in Media Info)

the "next media" button only gives me the option to add a file ... crap to me ... I have movies on physical media (DVD 3000, 2000VHS, 300BD) Please, give me a tool to take control over this :-).

At the moment only writes DVD ... and I want everything in one database

I want to have a collection of all my titles, with the possibility of separation of the different media types in a single database.

This last step to perfection :-)

ps. I hope that's clear. I'm sorry for poor English. :-)

Old Rocker
Old Rocker
With us: 11 years 1 month

Back Cover

Post #264by Old Rocker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 am

Would it be possible to have a place to put a scanned Back Cover near the front cover. You can get a lot of Information from the Back Cover.

Miguk
Miguk
With us: 11 years 2 months

Post #265by Miguk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:36 am

When I open my database with descriptions in russian under the german windows version, all descriptions are shown as ????????????????????.
Template elements and all the names in the film list are OK.

Isn't it the right time to start using unicode strings for descriptions, too?

Uberwolfe
Uberwolfe
With us: 11 years 1 month

Drag and drop onto local files box

Post #266by Uberwolfe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 am

Would it be possible to drag and drop movie files from your system into the 'Local file' box to automatically link the file?

Great software, keep up the great work :)

mariustma
mariustma
With us: 12 years

Post #267by mariustma » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm

batch update movie details for imdb trailers only and update without cover.I have my covers and i don't want imdb covers.Sorry for bad english,i hope you understand

hoddo55
hoddo55
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #268by hoddo55 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:07 am

update without cover.I have my covers and i don't want imdb covers

+1

TschiepTschiep
TschiepTschiep
With us: 11 years

Post #269by TschiepTschiep » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey guys,

export to csv or xml would be nice

Thanks,
TschiepTschiep

Ray_NL
Ray_NL
With us: 10 years 11 months

Adding 100-200 files at once, batch

Post #270by Ray_NL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm a MCz user and that was (is) great for my DVD db, adding one DVD at a time.

Now I have digital files, thousands of them. I'd like them in a db too, but since they are many, much of it needs to be automated.

Now, de scanning hdds works fine (except for that it needlessly removes periods from the filenames before adding it to the db entry:
360.2011.LiMiTED.1080p.BluRay.x264-DAA becomes
360 2011 LiMiTED 1080p BluRay x264 DAA
which I find unnecessary and unwanted).
Scanning also adds container info such as times and sub tracks, great :-)

Now, after the names have been added, I can search proper movie info one by one, when finding the right movie, it will download and update the db immediately causing a pause to retrieve all information. I'd like that to be a separate process: An option to find the right link, then move on to the next etc until all entries have the correct link, then update and retrieve all information and covers in one go, saving me many hours of needless waiting in between entries. I'd actually would like to see that option in the scan hdd for moviefiles box, rather than afterwards, or an extra box to insert a ttxxxxxx imdb number.

The search itself works impressively well btw, the Pro version of MCz was unsuccesfull in linking movies in about 85% of the time, AMM filters the right tags from the filenames, giving a way better result.

Although AMM is currently the best choice for me, the batch add function is not yet finished untill it can scan a hdd, add all the files in one go with a (manually added) link to their proper imdbnumber so it can then retrieve info and covers automatically. Only then this program will save time.

I'd also would like to see a box for just the ttxxxxx number alongside the url box for imdb entries (easier/quicker to doucbleclick, copy and paste than the whole url).

Return to “All My Movies”