All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Metal-Frank
Metal-Frank
With us: 15 years 4 months

Post #211by Metal-Frank » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm

I love the F8 option of picking a random movie that you've never logged as seen. That's how I choose to watch any movie now.

But what about a ranodm option to pick a movie you have seen? Would that be possible?

csnyder1582
csnyder1582
With us: 12 years 11 months

Post #212by csnyder1582 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

I too would love to see an Android app for this. It would be great to be able to reference your collection when at a store to determine if you already own a particular title.

moozam
moozam
With us: 12 years 9 months

Online organizer!?

Post #213by moozam » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Hello! Great software, great forum!

Have you considered producing an online movie organizer? It sure would be nice to go to a website and manage my collection. That way I wouldn't need to be concerned with importing or maintaining my own database.

It would be great if you could build your software into a site like that. Thanks! Keep up the great work!
aaron

pallec
pallec
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #214by pallec » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 am

csnyder1582 wrote:I too would love to see an Android app for this. It would be great to be able to reference your collection when at a store to determine if you already own a particular title.

+1

An android app would make AMM the best movie organizer in the universe :D :D

slickshark
slickshark
With us: 15 years 3 months

Post #215by slickshark » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Any news on the ability to add the back cover? I've seen it mentioned before, but it's already version 6.x and it's still not there.

It's the only feature that I really miss that has existed in your competitor's software for a long time.

I know I can add it as a screenshot, but that doesn't look good with the actual screenshots. There should definitely be a place for it in the templates.

Thank you!

pallec
pallec

Post #216by pallec » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:22 am

Please add the possibility to use numbers (x.x) for IMDb rating, instead of the stars.

The IMDb rating system is split in 10th's, so the 5-star rating in AMM is not very precise.

Thank you :D

pallec
pallec

Post #217by pallec » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Olivia90 wrote:Hello,
Welcome,I think it is possible and we will try to add this in the next build.
Thanks.

Who are you answering?

manuel_vega182002
manuel_vega182002
With us: 13 years 3 months

Vegas ideas

Post #218by manuel_vega182002 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:19 am

1- I think we have all been waiting for a SMART 'auto-system' that automatically chooses the movies, maybe from the last 30 years or most likely popular movie as it does most of the time already with the first movie found any way and afterwards we can edit the few that are wrong or not found.
(even though ive already added my thousands of movies this may be helpful to people starting thier collection)

2- I think 'enter movie url' (from imdb) should be in movie card as sometimes i type in jiberish like "salkjdsakl" just to get the option up when the movie is not found with exact title it sometimes is a quicker option

3- Sort movies by 'Working/broken movies' so you can find the ones that dont work because of bad links or file renames, folder changes and a option like movie not found would you like to find it? (browse)

4- 'Filter by' under the view tab (for year, director,actors ect...) easier to find maybe for new users (*edit* In cover thumbnaill mode)

5- duplicate movie finder not just the duplicate adding finder
(this would be good for those movies with dual international names)

6- Cover not found in dvdempire? 'check Amazon' button in the covers window (when adding a movie)

7- Keep up the awesome updates!!
:lol:

Rob de Vries
Rob de Vries
With us: 15 years 11 months

picture ID in a excel

Post #219by Rob de Vries » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 am

is it possible to export the picture ID in a excel file as a opion.

abaya
abaya
With us: 12 years 6 months

is there any portable version?

Post #220by abaya » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:12 am

i can travel my amm database to my friends home and just open it!!!
doesn't want install it.... :)

Thilo
Thilo
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #221by Thilo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi,

I am using AMM since a fews weeks now, mostly having imported a huge movielist and editing things out.

A great software, but nonetheless I noticed a few bugs and would offer one or two suggestions:

Episodes should be working with non-english imdb sites

When you edit a list of movies that don't have a movienumber assigned yet, and you go to the next one with the "green arrow" instead of pressing "ok", a movienumber is auto-assigned only to the first movie in the list.

If the original title contains brackets, e.g. "(500) days of summer", and you try do download information from an imdbd site, the orginal title field is deleted and cover download does not work.

The tooltip for the expert option "Move article to the end of title" says something about disabled screenshots, is this true?

Excel import crashes if the Excel table contains the §-character

Excel import does not correctly import multiple dot-characters at the beginning or end of the title, e.g. "28 days later..."

If an Excel field contains linefeeds, they should be converted to blanks during import.

You should add an option to disable automatic filling of the "Media Label" field when you add a movie from a file on HDD

You should add an option to enable updating all fields when importing data from a site, instead of only the empty ones.

Regards
Thilo

unoentremil
unoentremil
With us: 15 years 5 months

Re: ...

Post #222by unoentremil » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:22 pm

downe wrote:Can you make option to add all editions of the same movie into one movie card?

When adding movie from file, it will be displayed all formats and resolutions of every edition for that movie...

I support this suggestion.

I also have several versions of the same movie. For example:

- A colorized version and the original in B/W.
- A DVD and a BluRay

Fernando
Fernando
With us: 14 years 5 months

Virtual Shelf Sort By Year

Post #223by Fernando » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:01 pm

I think it would be nice while you are in the Virtual Shelf, to be able to organize by year... Have a chronologic perspective of all your movies.

I'll love that option, & I think it's not that difficult to make it true ;)

Thanks
Nando

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Auto place cursor on Seach Movie

Post #224by R B Strautman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:19 am

When the user selects the Search Movie Icon or presses F3 the cursor should automatically go to the correct position on the "Title" box. Currently the user must move the cursor to the title box. This would save time and make the behavior of this function match that of the "Add new movie by title" icon selection which puts the cursor automatically in the correct position to type the title.

pallec
pallec

Re: Auto place cursor on Seach Movie

Post #225by pallec » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm

R B Strautman wrote:When the user selects the Search Movie Icon or presses F3 the cursor should automatically go to the correct position on the "Title" box. Currently the user must move the cursor to the title box. This would save time and make the behavior of this function match that of the "Add new movie by title" icon selection which puts the cursor automatically in the correct position to type the title.

+1 :D

Return to “All My Movies”