All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

hoddo55
hoddo55
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #286by hoddo55 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 pm

This was suggested by someone already. A clear or delete button for the search window above the movie titles would make searching through large databases a lot easier. Maybe in v8?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #287by Gemini » Sat May 17, 2014 6:08 am

Hi there!
Yeah, we'll try to introduce the button, since it is in great demand among our users :)

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

mariustma
mariustma
With us: 12 years

Post #288by mariustma » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Export to the mobile device - Uploading file to the server speed is too low (80-100kbps), any chance to speed to be higher (1mbps + at least)

tbach1979
tbach1979
With us: 7 years 3 months

A date added next to seen checkmark

Post #289by tbach1979 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Can a date be entered next to the seen checkmark so I know when I saw the movie?

alanx007
alanx007

Post #290by alanx007 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi bolidesoft
I bought your software of All My Movies this week. It seems very helpful for collecting my movies. But I also found some issues when I was using the software. I hope that your team can correct them. The questions are as below:
1 There is a function named "get movie title from folder" when I added movie to the list. I wish that you can increase one function in the list by "English title" except "title" and "other title" when I settle movies
2 It doesn't show the movie number for IMDB, rating and storage paths for the movie files in the movie lists
3 Is it possible to add movie by the movie number for IMDB? I think it is more convenient when I have known the movie number
4 I have over 40 HDDs so I think that using volume label to manage movies more effective than driver paths. For example the path will be changed if operation system has been reinstalled. The volume label stays the same so that the data will not be under confusion.
5 When I operate it I hope that the software can compare the movie with current datebase whether exist duplicate movies and inquiry if I need to add it to the list. Current condition is that compare the movies with current path this time. It can avoid that add duplicate movies or some different version movies.
6 I also found that the software can’t find *.iso file. You should know what it is. Is that related to copyright issue?
7 I'm from China. Have you ever heard about "douban.com"? It is also a website like IMDB.com in China. I suppose you can increase functions for searing information from Douban.com. It is very beneficial for you to expand china market.
8 As a movies fan I used to use the software called My Film Collection which is a local software to settle the movies. But recently they shut down their server so that the software can not be used any more. I think many functions are better than AMM. For example when I want to add a movie I just put some key words to the search bar. MFC will show all possible movies to be chosen by fuzzy search function. It manage the movies by volume label but not the path. If you want to check it I can provide you the software for reference.
Finally I’m look forward to your feedback
Best Regards

kisseskowalski
kisseskowalski

movies

Post #291by kisseskowalski » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:14 pm

I would like to see all transformer, LotR movies.

TistyProg
TistyProg
With us: 16 years 1 month

Post #292by TistyProg » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:14 am

Possibility to add one screenshot or more per episode.

hpoonis99
hpoonis99
With us: 7 years 1 month

Comparisons

Post #293by hpoonis99 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:38 am

Dear Bolide,

If Kovid Goyal can offer 'Calibre' free (donations accepted) as a fantastic e-book catalogue/management system surely you can reduce the price for your software, which is, on the whole, no better than his offering!

Latest calibre update fixes an issue wheereby AMAZON altered their site so metadata was no longer being gathered for local books. Your software did the same yet you only fixed it as part of a paid upgrade from 7-8.x (for another $50) :x

As much as I enjoyed using allmymovies for 6 or more years...paying $50 every time it no longer works is pretty mercenary to say the least! I am reminded of pay-to-play for anything in the gaming industry.

Yours

Disgruntled ex-user

wildjourne1967
wildjourne1967

Post #294by wildjourne1967 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:00 pm

I absolutely love this program. I do however wish there was a way to copy my movie files from within it. I work in the oil field and I like to be able to put my movies on a USB chip. Now I find a movie in the program and then I have to go to file manager to copy it to my USB chip. I was thinking maybe another button under the play button? Maybe even the ability to select multiple movies and copy them. Also Windows 10 has the ability to cast movies to another device which might be another feature you could integrate. It would be great if I could select a movie with all my movies on the PC and cast it to my X-box or other device.

M271972
M271972

Sort by name and place new ID

Post #295by M271972 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:35 pm

It would be interesting to be able to reorder by name and reacignar on the basis of that order the new ID

Thank you

wildjourne1967
wildjourne1967

Post #296by wildjourne1967 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:50 am

I asked this a while back and never got a response.I really wish there was a way to copy my movie files (the actual Movie itself) from within it. I work in the oil field and I like to be able to put my movies on a USB chip. Now I find a movie in the program and then I have to go to file manager to copy it to my USB chip. I was thinking maybe another button under the play button? Maybe even the ability to select multiple movies and copy them. Also Windows 10 has the ability to cast movies to another device which might be another feature you could integrate. It would be great if I could select a movie with all my movies on the PC and cast it to my X-box or other device.

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #297by bolide » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:19 pm

wildjourne1967 wrote:I asked this a while back and never got a response.I really wish there was a way to copy my movie files (the actual Movie itself) from within it. I work in the oil field and I like to be able to put my movies on a USB chip. Now I find a movie in the program and then I have to go to file manager to copy it to my USB chip. I was thinking maybe another button under the play button? Maybe even the ability to select multiple movies and copy them. Also Windows 10 has the ability to cast movies to another device which might be another feature you could integrate. It would be great if I could select a movie with all my movies on the PC and cast it to my X-box or other device.

We are going to add "Copy" function in the next AMM version. Meanwhile, you can use a "hidden trick". Hold Alt key pressed while clicking on "Play" button to open the folder with the movie instead of playing it. This way you'll get to the video file faster.
Bolide Software

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 4 months

Some bugs and suggestions

Post #298by downe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Here are some suggestions for All my movies and some bugs in program

- Maybe is interesting to add some new fields, or import additional data inside comments, for example Composer field, or Movie awards, or Filming locations, or Movie budget & gross.

- I have added in genre field my own value - TV series, because I want with one click to filter only TV series in database. I want that value to be showed exactly TV series, but application automaticaly shows Tv series, with small letter v.

- When I update some actors info, I don't want to change actors image. I have my own actors images, which are better then imdb suggested image. Also, You can add possibility for batch update only actors filmography and date of death eventually.

- On actors page when listing all movies in our database with that actor, would be nice to display that list with numbering, or to display exact number of movies with that actor. I know that this number is displayed on pop-up actors image, which is very nice :), but it's not bad to display that number also on actors page.

- When import some movie, application instead of letters shows question marks in actors names.
This happens with cyrillic letters, or special characters like é, í, á... For example, movie - Beowulf & Grendel, some letters in actors names are displayed like question marks.
Also, movie titles with cyrillic letters in actors filmography are with question marks.

- When I want to tag the person on the photo in movies where is a lot of actors, I can't tag the person because list of actors is out of the screen. I can't see actors on top of the list. It shows only the lower part of the list.

- Add possibility to save actors image, as same as we can save movie screenshots.

- Maybe to add option to import three actors images on actors page, my idea is to have one image with young actor, one in middle age, and one in old age. Ofcourse that extra images would be added manually by user. Then user chooses wich image would be main, or maybe application can choose randomly one of that three images to display as main.

- When importing actors data from imdb, it doesn't import trivia, personal quotes and salary data anymore.

- When click on link "Read additional details" on actors page, it doesn't open imdb link. Instead of that, opens new window with movie card dialog??

- Also, when I click on some movie link in actors filmography, I don't want to add that movie in my database and fetch movie data from imdb, I just want to open imdb link on the internet for that movie

- One very nice feature in this program is that all images are located inside one database file. But, bad thing is that database size is limited to 2 GB. I'm not software developer, I know that Access has possibility to link another database to the main one. Maybe, you can make after excedded limit of 2 GB, another container file which is linked to the first one, and so on, when second database file excedds limit, creates third file connected to the first two...

- On actors page, when there are several images taged with that actor, keyboard arrows don't work.

- Nice option would be to add back and forward button in application. When I look some movie card, for example on letter L, and then another movie card on letter T, which is far away in the list, and then I want to see again previous movie on letter L, would be nice to do that with one single click on back button.

- Maybe possibility to search some word inside one moviecard with right mouse click and option in context menu to search text inside that movie card.

- When there is a lot of actors, usually for TV series, needs quite some time to open that movie card, maybe you can make option to show only first 30 actors in movie card, and then like episodes to click on link to show all actors.

- Also when opening actors page, would be better to open window with only that actor, which would be much faster, now is with list of all actors in database and that needs additional time to load actors card. But in 99% cases I want to see info only for that person, not for all others. Or you can make by default when opening some actors card, to load list only of persons included in that movie. Would be much faster opening actors card.

M271972
M271972

Disk or movie alert already entered

Post #299by M271972 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:42 pm

You should have an alert when you place the disc or movie name that is already in the BDD.

Thing that would give to choose if to re-enter the same film again to the BDD.

Thank you

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #300by Viki » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:39 pm

M271972 wrote:You should have an alert when you place the disc or movie name that is already in the BDD.

Thing that would give to choose if to re-enter the same film again to the BDD.

Thank you

There is an option to do this already...
From AllMyMovies 'Tools' > 'Preferences' > 'Expert Options' (Check for duplicate title when adding new movie)

Of course it doesn't tell you until you get to the final step to enter the movie card (instead of when you first type the name), but this is useful if you want to catalogue different versions or releases of a same movie title.

Return to “All My Movies”