All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

MovieFanatic
MovieFanatic
With us: 5 years

Post #316by MovieFanatic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:32 am

Searching names on the Wikipedia (Spanish)

Actually we only can search for names of actors, actresses and directors on the IMDb website (english) and on KinoPoisk (russian), I would like to add the posibility to search names on the Wikipedia, preferably in Spanish, but if it is not possible, with being able to do it in English I am satisfied.

louswheel
louswheel
With us: 4 years 11 months

IMDB number?

Post #317by louswheel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi, would it be possible to add an IMDB number on the movie card, and enable it to download when searching for a movie?

Cheers

Graham :D

Ali_MiX
Ali_MiX
With us: 4 years 11 months

Post #318by Ali_MiX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:55 pm

add import support with http://www.world-art.ru/animation/

marcusah
marcusah
With us: 5 years 1 month

Post #319by marcusah » Mon May 27, 2019 10:10 pm

Hello,

A bug/suggestion. When searching for a movie with the IMDB search the correct movie does not always come up at all. My suggestion is that this is a bug since I have the exact movie IMDB link and IMDB number and can find it on the IMDB website. Therefore my suggestion is to either fix the bug or fix the bug and also allow an IMDB search via IMDB link or movie number.

Thanks

mlsills M
mlsills M
With us: 16 years 8 months

Merge and Update

Post #320by mlsills » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:42 pm

I maintain all of DVD and TV recordings on hard drives. As I am continually adding to those drives, I find that I am unable to keep AMM accurate without manually adding each DVD or recording individually. AMM has the ability to scan drives for media, but appears to completely lack the ability to "Update" an existing database with only new or changed entries. With a large database of 1800 plus entries the process of manually checking for duplicates is archaic and tedious to say the very least.

Is this a problem that only I face? Cannot this function be incorporated into this otherwise excellent program?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #321by Viki » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm

There is a new information page on the Bolide software website that has some great information concerning "Scan Drive for Movies"!
http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/organize-hard-drive.html
It might help with what you are intending to do.

mlsills M
mlsills M
With us: 16 years 8 months

Post #322by mlsills » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Viki wrote:There is a new information page on the Bolide software website that has some great information concerning "Scan Drive for Movies"!
http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/organize-hard-drive.html
It might help with what you are intending to do.

I appreciate your suggestion, however, that did not work. My drive has 1800 plus entries, a majority of which are already included in AMM. They were entered by a previous scan when the original AMM database was created. Your suggestion should work, but it did not.

Thanks

Mark

Nighthawk_NL
Nighthawk_NL
With us: 4 years

Some Layout change

Post #323by Nighthawk_NL » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:15 am

Hello,

It would be very nice that you can change (seperate) where the movie descriptions can be downloaded apart from the rest of the information from IMDB of The Movie DB etc.

Now I have to lookup the information 2 times for every movie (one for the movie info and actors) and one time for the Dutch Movie description from moviemeter.nl

I have a request for a change of the Layout.

It would be very nice if the Movie Description and Screenshots are located under Scenario and not under the Actor List which can be very long as you know. Perhaps you can change the actor / role in more columns so we don't have to scroll all the way down.

Or even better make It so that we can easily change the layout of the screen ourselfs so everyone can change the layout to there own liking.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best,

Nighthawk

MajorMajorMajor
MajorMajorMajor
With us: 4 years

Post #324by MajorMajorMajor » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi:
When looking up a title on Filmaffinity.com (Spanish) sometimes the original title field imports the title plus an "aka" (if the movie has an alternative title). Would it be possible to automatically remove the " aka" if found at the end of the original title?
Thanks.

Papalapa
Papalapa
With us: 3 years 11 months

Post #325by Papalapa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm

I think I found a bug:

In the Actors box of a film card if do you press CTRL+HOME and then CAPS+ARROW DOWN in order to select all the text, a small box with the name of the last actor of the list is shown ¿?¿? The inverse operation (CTRL+END and then CAPS+ARROW UP) is correctly done and you can select the text from down to up.

The same operation on the Description box works correctly and you can select all the text from up to down without problems.

glrivermd
glrivermd
With us: 3 years 11 months

Post #326by glrivermd » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 pm

How do I transfer 500 movies on my “All my movies” on my desktop to my iPad Pro?
Glrivermd@gmail.com

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #327by Viki » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:26 pm

How do I transfer 500 movies on my “All my movies” on my desktop to my iPad Pro?

Look here first:

https://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/iphone.html

(AllMyMovies for iPad requires an additional purchase and license.)

spproust
spproust
With us: 3 years 9 months

Post #328by spproust » Fri May 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Hi ,
I bought your software wich I found interressing. I am french.

It would be good if you added a field for the Composer, because the music of movies is very important.

And if you could manage the cast with tabs for actors and roles, maybe we could avoid the errors caused by the "," and ")" with wich IMDB look for some "actors" like "A Circus Rider)" for Chaplin's "The Circus" Movie.

Andrewsky
Andrewsky
With us: 3 years 9 months

Post #329by Andrewsky » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:12 am

It would be nice to have an option to rescan the base with existing catalog using local search engine. For example one have a base with english titles and descriptions from IMDB as the most stable option and wants to rescan the base with local plugin (example Filmweb). And the other way around also.

jdean1
jdean1
With us: 3 years 7 months

Post #330by jdean1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:59 pm

[quote="marcusah"]Hello,

A bug/suggestion. When searching for a movie with the IMDB search the correct movie does not always come up at all. My suggestion is that this is a bug since I have the exact movie IMDB link and IMDB number and can find it on the IMDB website. Therefore my suggestion is to either fix the bug or fix the bug and also allow an IMDB search via IMDB link or movie number.

Thanks[/quote]
I am having the same issue. IMDB link exists, but box does not come up allowing me to choose the correct one. Putting the IMDB link into the URL field does not help. Having to enter information manually is tedioius. Would like an option to use the URL field to choose the correct movie.

[upd=1595452092][/upd]
I am having the same issue that Halmanotor posted back in 2010 with All My Movies putting different people with the same name into one person. This has happened several times, and each time I have to go and edit the actors field and put a Roman Numeral such as "IV" beside the name so I can add another person with the same name to the persons database. I had one movie created in the 1930's that had an actor who was clumped in with the same person that played in a movie in 2019. And of course all the movies in between those years were all mixed up. IMDB puts Roman numerals beside actors names, is there any way All My Movies can use that to get to the correct person? This bug was reported 10 years ago.

Return to “All My Movies”