All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Robinski
Robinski

Post #16by Robinski » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:54 pm

Would it be possile to add [amm:seen] and [amm:wishlist] so one can put the seen and wishlist info into a template

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #17by bolide » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:01 pm

Robinski wrote:Would it be possile to add [amm:seen] and [amm:wishlist] so one can put the seen and wishlist info into a template

ok, we will add them in the next release.
But what look will it have? As an image? In this case it will be not suitable for all templates, I think. As a text, just writing "wishlist" on some movies and nothing to write on others?
Bolide Software

Zachzi
Zachzi
With us: 18 years 6 months

Post #18by Zachzi » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:37 pm

Is it possible to make it possible to add which number movies that are on the IMDB top 250 list in the movie details ??

I.e The Godfather which are number 1 on imdb top 250 will have this line added in the movie details: Imdb 1/250 or something.

And also add this to statistics so you can see how many movies you have that are in the imdb top250.

Kronus
Kronus

Ideas in comparison to other programs

Post #19by Kronus » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:36 pm

Dear authors!

I've recently installed a trial verison of your program! It looks really great (special thanks for russian film DBs support and automatical movie-files reading). In my opinion it's really super, and best among the competitros. Though it has a lack of some evident and not difficult to program features. I'm not sure if you're aware of, so i'll write them here in a list. In my opinion, if you're able to add them your program will be the best. The most needed (IMHO) are marked with !!! sign.

1) Presentation & interface
- multicolumn list of films at the left (title, orig. title, year etc.), customizable (!!!)
- thumbnails list with title/original title
- skins or templates for movie info displaying at right: compact/condensed table-like design (!!!)
- add options to make the film info at right be more comfortable in viewing:
* normalise/standardise dvd cover picture (e.g. scale up/down) (!!!)
* font size (smaller at least) (!!!)
- buttons: play movie
- add more and standardise shortcuts usage: make a list of shortcuts being adequitely mapped to keys. Some of current ones are not evident: add cover Ctrl+a, add from amazon F2, add from scaner F11, and the same time - add dvd by barcode - F6???
- make ability to display toolbar at top more compact with smaller buttons to use less space
- display user-fields at a specified place at movie info page and make them easy-searchable/filterable like built-in fileds (by clicking). As per now i do not see my user fields at mvie info page...
- show movies with un-filled MAJOR fileds (title, actors, year,...)

2) Movie adding
- separate download of info and of cover: i do not need to re-download cover from amazon each time i'm trying to update movie info from another source (!!!)
- "movie found info" preview (main fields - title, year, actors etc.) to make sure the movie selected is correct (!!!)
- multi sources search of info (selecting by checkboxes) with ability to compare the results prior to adding. Should be usable with both: movie info and movie covers (!!!)
- add import of small covers also from the film bases that are already in the list (some russian ones have small covers)
- import sources: what about russian sources like ozon.ru (it has covers to many russian and soviet DVDs? Or add other big russian catalogues besides videoguide? Also i can comment that russian sources #2 and #3 are not very informative and mostly always (in my case) are useless.
- add ability to add screen shots later (if path to movies is saved). Sort screenshots
- add "cover edit" tab into movie adding/edit properties dialog as a separate tab.
- add back cover field also.
- add auto-screenshot function by number or by a random time mask.
- add support for multi-movies DVD processing.

3) Technology
- SQL will be great... MDB is not a very good for those with big and covers/screenshots/-ful DBs. Though MDB is still be ok as for me (500-600 films).
- what if to make most of info sources (film DBs) to be plugin? With ability for easy creating of new ones, by smart users instead of programmers?
- better protection... As i noticed the [CENSORED] versions appear in the net not far away from the release...

It's very interesting to me what do you think of these features and WHEN do you plan (if you plan) to add them. I'm sorry if this topic and these ideas are discussed somewhere else,but i ahve not found anything like a list of future features with possible dates of implemenetation. As form me, it's very important to know your future plans before i buy your product.

Best regards,
Kronus

p.s. I can comment on any of the above mentioned questions if you ever need it.

Kronus
Kronus

Re: Ideas in comparison to other programs

Post #20by Kronus » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:46 pm

Correcting the prior post:

to be more precise, the following functions are implemented in the program, but not in the best way...

Kronus wrote:Dear authors!
- add options to make the film info at right be more comfortable in viewing:
* normalise/standardise dvd cover picture (e.g. scale up/down) (!!!)
* font size (smaller at least) (!!!)

The 2nd point is done via indivudual text properties, while scaling will add more comfortable one-push switching.

Regards,
Kronus

Mac Version

Post #21by guest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:17 pm

Now Apple are going to release Intel based Macs. Are there any plans to extend to us mac users?

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Re:

Post #22by bolide » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:25 pm

There is no Mac version of All My Movies in development now. But this is quite possible. First of all we have to purchase Intel based Mac ;)

Kronus
Thank you for your suggestions!
You added a lot of items in our huge TO-DO list :)
By the way, if you can speak Russian, you can write in Russian directly to support @ bolidesoft.com. It will be even easier for us :)

Zachzi
I don't think "IMDb top 250" is essential to majority of All My Movies users
Bolide Software

Lion
Lion

Post #23by Lion » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:28 pm

Hi, why you don't add some italian database online?
for example:
http://filmup.leonardo.it/
http://it.movies.yahoo.com/
http://www.kataweb.it/cinema/
:roll:

Zachzi
Zachzi
With us: 18 years 6 months

Database

Post #24by Zachzi » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:00 am

Hello!

My movie list is now about 950 movies 8) . I notice that the database with this amount of movies is getting quite slow. Takes a long time to search and load the database :? . When using the quick search i have to wait many seconds between each letter i type. Sometimes the program even becomes non responsive and i have to shut it down with task manager and restart the program.

I wonder if it is any future plans to improve the database effiency ?

I believe this could be a problem when the database get even bigger. Not a major problem of course, but a little annoying.

- Erik :D

Sjimmie
Sjimmie

Word templates

Post #25by Sjimmie » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:42 am

Great tool,

But what I really miss a an export option to Word.
I want to create an index of all my movies (preferrably sorted by genre).
I would be nice if the template could scale about 3 movies on one page.

Freddy
Freddy

Feature request: Numbering system

Post #26by Freddy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:38 pm

Hi,

I miss an option in the program that would be easy to implement and very useful:

I would like to sticker my DVDs with a number

It would be nice if the program can automatically generate a 'sequence number' for a DVD.

Together with a rack location (Already present) it would make DVD's very easy to find

SorzZy
SorzZy

shortenings for loaned in html output

Post #27by SorzZy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:21 pm

I cant find the shortening for loaned movies,to put in mij html template
TIA

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Re: shortenings for loaned in html output

Post #28by bolide » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:32 pm

SorzZy wrote:I cant find the shortening for loaned movies,to put in mij html template
TIA

Update to v3.8 build 1202 and use [amm:strloan] and [amm:loan] shortcuts
Bolide Software

Sheugel
Sheugel
With us: 18 years 3 months

Post #29by Sheugel » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:51 pm

It would be great if the management of the screenshots was more flexible. For example, I would like to have the possibility of adding an image at such place between such and such image. To do so, it would be practical to be able to invert the images between them by a simple drag-and-drop.

Sheugel

Jan H
Jan H

Larger Fonts in Movie List

Post #30by Jan H » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:59 am

Hi, and thanks for a great software. I have a suggestion which would make it still better (at least for my use).
I use AMM on a HTPC, which means display on a TV screen. Thus it is preferable to have large fonts on all text as you normally sit at a larger distance from the screen than when at the pc. Already the information text fonts are configurable, and can be set to as large as you need, but the movie list on the left side is not configurable. As this list is essential to be able to choose between your movies it would be great to be able to enlarge the fonts also in that part of the screen.
(An additional bonus would be also to be able to enlarge fonts on menu texts and lead texts in the dialog windows, but that is not that neccessary)

Best regards
Jan H

Return to “All My Movies”