All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #1by bolide » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:51 pm

Any thoughts are welcome here
Bolide Software

Post #2by Guest » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:44 am

Could you add [amm:straudinfo] and [amm:audinfo] shortcuts for HTML templates to the program?

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Post #3by bolide » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:33 pm

ok, we will add them in the next build
Bolide Software

Cardinale
Cardinale

Accessability/Keyboard Shortcuts and a few thoughts

Post #4by Cardinale » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:18 am

1. Would it be possible to add keyboard short-cuts for buttons in the add movie/edit movie window? For example. ctrl-enter to activate the "Ok" button and ctrl-right-arrow for next movie.

2. When you hit return in the title field, a imdb/amazon search is performed. THe focus should switch to the presented list so you can use the arrow keys to select the correct movie.

3. 90% of the time the first movie in the list is the correct one. Could we add a preference to automagically select the first movie if desired so mass adds would be easier/faster. Could also have some options...pick first movie, pick newest movie, pick most popular movie, etc.

4. When you import titles from a txt/excel file there appears to be no way to select all the movies and have a "retrieve info from IMDB" search/update done. This would be nice. Maybe just a button that says update all movie info.

5. Import export support for XML files. Then we could import data from other programs as well as have a easy database support format....XML is really the future...CSV is dead.

6. My little green play button is somewhat hidden under the image of the movie. Is this just me?

7. Great Great App! Love it.

Anthony

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Re: Accessability/Keyboard Shortcuts and a few thoughts

Post #5by bolide » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:36 pm

Cardinale wrote:1. Would it be possible to add keyboard short-cuts for buttons in the add movie/edit movie window? For example. ctrl-enter to activate the "Ok" button and ctrl-right-arrow for next movie.

Yes, I think it is possible and we will try to add this in the next build

Cardinale wrote:2. When you hit return in the title field, a imdb/amazon search is performed. THe focus should switch to the presented list so you can use the arrow keys to select the correct movie.

ok. Will be implemented soon

Cardinale wrote:3. 90% of the time the first movie in the list is the correct one. Could we add a preference to automagically select the first movie if desired so mass adds would be easier/faster. Could also have some options...pick first movie, pick newest movie, pick most popular movie, etc.

I think it is possible to do, but imagine how hard to clear the database from those 10% incorrect movies :)

Cardinale wrote:4. When you import titles from a txt/excel file there appears to be no way to select all the movies and have a "retrieve info from IMDB" search/update done. This would be nice. Maybe just a button that says update all movie info.

And you have to confirm right movie selection from the search results for each movie. By the way, there is a way to filter all movies with empty URL field (not imported from IMDB or other database) - just press CTRL-F10 to see them. Works since 1183 build

Cardinale wrote:5. Import export support for XML files. Then we could import data from other programs as well as have a easy database support format....XML is really the future...CSV is dead.

ok, we will think what we can do. I think XML is not a future but already the present. It hink we will add this feature in the next version

Cardinale wrote:6. My little green play button is somewhat hidden under the image of the movie. Is this just me?

No, this is valid for all. Consider, where the right place for it

Cardinale wrote:7. Great Great App! Love it.

Thank you ;)
Bolide Software

Post #6by Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 am

Is it also possible to add star rating support to the html templates?
rating : 81/100 just looks weird :roll:

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Post #7by bolide » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:36 am

Anonymous wrote:Is it also possible to add star rating support to the html templates?
rating : 81/100 just looks weird :roll:

Yes, it is possible :) We will add it in the next version
Bolide Software

Gomez12
Gomez12

Different dbase

Post #8by Gomez12 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:16 am

Is it possible to make use of a different database ( mysql for example ) instead of access.
Because I would like to build a private webpage so other people could see my movies.
But the html export is has to be done every time i make a change.

P.S. Or it would be beautifull if you could make it use odbc so anybody can use any dbase installed :)

Just make the default on install access and then you can change it through the options.

Dancorave
Dancorave

Post #9by Dancorave » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:04 am

Is it possible to add the European covers, and also the US covers?

Thanks

Post #10by Guest » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:04 pm

1 if I re serch for the movie and choose a diferent title the details are not updated also how about a seperate cover search of all the movie databases and give all resuts as thumnails to hoose from thanks.

Post #11by Guest » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:if I re serch for the movie and choose a diferent title the details are not updated also how about a seperate cover search of all the movie databases and give all resuts as thumnails to choose from thanks.

Zachzi
Zachzi

Seen Icon

Post #12by Zachzi » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:59 pm

Hello!
I think the "seen" icon is a little not propriate. Is it possible to add more icons that can be choosed by the user ?? I think the list looks a little messed up too with the seen icon there. What about just changing the color of the box. I.e seen movies have grey box or something ??

Im not creative enough to come with a good proposal, but i just think the lens dont fit.

chef166@yahoo.com
chef166@yahoo.com

Templates

Post #13by chef166@yahoo.com » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:09 am

Is there a Template Document out there to show how to build a template?

I tried 2 times and cant get AMM to reconise the template, I created the 3 documents.

I also tried a pure CSS layout.

chef166@yahoo.com

Cardinale
Cardinale

Sorting Alphabetically

Post #14by Cardinale » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:50 am

I think the default behavior for sorting should be altered. Could be a preference, but standard sorting in most applications ignores "A", "The", "An" and sorts by the first letter after that.

Anthony

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Re: Templates

Post #15by bolide » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:34 am

chef166@yahoo.com wrote:Is there a Template Document out there to show how to build a template?

I tried 2 times and cant get AMM to reconise the template, I created the 3 documents.

there is a "readme.txt" in the "templates folder of All My Movies installation folder. Contact me at support@ and I will try to help you with the templates building
Bolide Software

Return to “All My Movies”