All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Sami_R
Sami_R
With us: 10 years 10 months

add movie's awards

Post #271by Sami_R » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 pm

*please in next all my movies build can add every movie's awards like golden globe or oscar and number in 250 imbd.com.

**and if it's possible every movie have place for write our review in any languages.

*** in MPAA place become link of " View content advisory" in imdb.

thank you and forgive me for my amature english.

jhudock
jhudock
With us: 10 years 10 months

Post #272by jhudock » Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 pm

This may be a bit ambitious and out of scope for the product, but what would be great is a server mode + an app (ipad/android) so you could search DB externally.

hoddo55
hoddo55
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #273by hoddo55 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 am

Just for fun how about a few more messages as more movies are added, I think I got a message at 2000 movies saying congrats, or was I dreaming?
I thought I might have seen one when I passed 5000

LezardSouffle
LezardSouffle
With us: 10 years 6 months

Plugin for AFI catalog

Post #274by LezardSouffle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 pm

It would be fantastic to be able to pull all the detailed information about a movie (no discs) from the American Film Institute catalog:
http://www.afi.com/members/catalog/AdvancedSearch.aspx?s=

TCM used to license it for their own online movie database, but no longer.

Barnetta
Barnetta

Post #275by Barnetta » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi There

AMM is a fantastic Thing! But why is this Windows only, and the mobile App ist for iOS?

I'am using a Windows Phone 8 Device. Is there an App coming too?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the bad english!

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #276by Viki » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 pm

It would be great if a plugin was developed so that movies and episodic information could be gathered from Wikipedia.

toasterking
toasterking
With us: 11 years 2 months

Post #277by toasterking » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Barnetta wrote:AMM is a fantastic Thing! But why is this Windows only, and the mobile App ist for iOS?

I know that AMM doesn't provide the tools to make this really easy right out of the box, but I run a web server at home that is open to the Internet. When I make changes to my AMM database, I export it to HTML and copy the file set to the server. Then I can look up my movies from my phone whether I'm at home or not. I cannot make changes from the phone this way, though.

For times when I won't have a network connection (e.g. on an airplane), I just copy the HTML file set to the memory card on my BlackBerry and then I can view those pages in the BlackBerry browser without needing a web server. You can probably do the same thing on iOS.

EDIT: Maybe it's not actually this easy on iOS since the browser does not provide access to the local file system. I found suggestions for that at http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/86332-how-get-safari-view-local-html-files.html, but they're not nearly as simple as what I do on the BlackBerry.

dashopaholic
dashopaholic

Cut and paste!!!

Post #278by dashopaholic » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:44 pm

I have a few weird movie sets (50 Movie Pack Horror Classics) and I am having to type in the titles myself. I started this in the actors box and then didn't like it there....it looked weird. So I did a cut (control c) to put it in the description section only I cannot get the paste (control v) to work in this program!!! It would be a nice additional feature for these weird ones!
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Antony1203
Antony1203
With us: 10 years 4 months

Экспорт каталога для просмотра на плеере Dune

Post #279by Antony1203 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Добрый день. Поскольку вы уже реализовали организацию каталога для плеера Dune, думаю будет несложно добавить в функцию экспорта возможность получить полный каталог коллекции в формате приложения для Dune c функцией поиска и сортировкой по типам фильмов. Спасибо!

Viki F
Viki F

Post #280by Viki » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:37 am

I really wish you'd fix some kind of progress indicator so that when the program is 'busy' it would display something, anything, other than "Program Not Responding".

:roll:

Viki F
Viki F

Re: Cut and paste!!!

Post #281by Viki » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 am

dashopaholic wrote:I have a few weird movie sets (50 Movie Pack Horror Classics) and I am having to type in the titles myself. I started this in the actors box and then didn't like it there....it looked weird. So I did a cut (control c) to put it in the description section only I cannot get the paste (control v) to work in this program!!! It would be a nice additional feature for these weird ones!

:wink: Copy and Paste work fine for me... I seem to remember something about 'sticky keys' getting stuck sometimes in windows which will affect shortcut key combinations. Check this to see if it helps:

Code: Select all

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/quick-tip-disable-the-sticky-and-filter-keys-in-windows/

dashopaholic
dashopaholic

I need the cut and paste feature!

Post #282by dashopaholic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:57 am

I buy a lot of DVDs that have multiple movies on them or buy legacy collections. For example: Must Love Dogs, You've Got Mail. So when I add them in to my movie collection I do TWO entries and add that it is part of a double DVD set. It would be so nice if I could just cut and paste that added entry onto the 2nd listing.

I have tried changing the sticky keys in windows but I still cannot do a cut and paste in this software. It's making it difficult and more time consuming than it should be.

gettin' frustrated!
Thanks!

dashopaholic

enkiduCA
enkiduCA
With us: 10 years 1 month

barcode

Post #283by enkiduCA » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:02 pm

In trial version a can't search by barcode, but the answer is then the code can't found on the database.

thanks
Enkidu

enkiduCA
enkiduCA
With us: 10 years 1 month

Re: barcode

Post #284by enkiduCA » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 am

enkiduCA wrote:In trial version a can't search by barcode, but the answer is then the code can't found on the database.

thanks
Enkidu

The solution: In hungary on the DVD is the ISBN barcode instead of UPC code. Out of Hungary DVD (e.g BBC) the code is correct.

Enkidu

Ramon_NL
Ramon_NL
With us: 9 years 11 months

Automated linking of IMDB url with batch add movies from hdd

Post #285by Ramon_NL » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:42 pm

I posted this in another thread but I think it's better to (re)post it here as a feature request.

I have external hdd's with movie files, in this format:

movie.file.mkv <-- movie
movie.file.nfo <-- text file with information and imdb link
movie.file.srt <-- subtitle file
movie.file.jpg <-- cover

All my 40+ externals are formatted this way.

In order to get 99% automation, I need AMM to add both the filename and the accompanying imdb-link. If AMM can do that, I can have it add and download all online db-info in one automated go in the background which would save me a tremendous amount of time.

So how do I link the filename with the imdb link upon scanning a device? (and if possible automatically add the cover as well).

At this moment I first use the scan device option to import, then use eXtreme Movie Manager in trial mode to do the same and get the linked information (EMM reads .nfo files and imports information from it) and export that to a csv file which I then copy the text from to notepad and then copy paste the imdb links into the movie cards (sort with 'added date' and use the thumbnail view so you can see if there is a picture or not). However, EMM has a 50 movie limit so I have to do 50 at a time (after which I move those 50 files into a temp folder, EMM starts with scanning the root so I can move files to a temp folder then scan the rest, until I have them all). After doing 100-200 moviecards, I use the tools -> batch update movie details. 150 movies takes about 55-60 minutes on my old laptop.

This is how I work:

There must be an easier way in the mean time :shock: I am open for suggestions :D
If AMM could read the accompanying .txt file for imdb links, it would automate the process for 99%!

Return to “All My Movies”