First I want to thank Bolidesoft for this great Movie database. I have some suggestions, that (in my opinion) whould make it even better:
1. Add an option to put articles The, A, An, etc in front of or at the back of movie title. Some of these articles are not articles in other languages, and it becomes very frustrating when these words appear at the end, just because they are articles in english. The current practice is not consistent. In v4.9 build 1259: "The", and "A" are put at the back, but "An" is still kept at the front. Please make it consistent, and add an option to allow it to be displayed at front for those who want.
2. Always put artivle at front while looking up titles in IMDB. If the title is long we might still get a hit with the article at the back, but with a short title and the article at the back we will rearly get any hit. Looking up "The Kid" works fine, but looking up "Kid, The" gives no hit. This is a big problem if you import a lot of titles, and then look them up at IMDB one by one. The titles get the articles wrappet to the back after import, and one have to retype the title to get a hit in IMDB.
3. When looking up non-US/English movies in IMDB, the title is changed to the original non-english title. (Put original non-english title in original title field, and international title in title field.) Then this non-english title is used in step two to look up large covers. Large covers are almost always awailable only by US/English/International title. Please use international title while searching for large covers on DVDEmpire.com and Amazon.com. If possible keep a title language choice for each online database, and use title in that language while searching.
4. The AMM database works fine for smaller collections, but it crashes far too often when the collection becomes big. I have collected movies for more then 20 years, and have converted and cataloged lots of TV recordings, documentaries etc. My catalog is more then 2700 records now. I knew it would be big already when I started to add movies to "All My Movies", because I used my own SW before. I started with "All My Movies" to see if it could really handle a big collection. It works, in a way, as long as all images are stored outside of the database. My current database is about 38 MB. The images folder holds about 3.500 images and take 200+ MB. I have keep 3 backup copies, and saves to backup for about each 5 movie added. The database fails to load almost half of the times bacause it's gotten corrupted. Then I have to go back to one of the backups, which so far have saved me, but I have to re-register almost every title.
5. Add a separate field for Audio language. There is a field for Audio language. There is one for Subtitles. So far I used Audio Stream | Info, but Audio Language whould be better.
6. Remove the code that renames movie titles to WaReZ
It is actually possible to have a big collection of legally owned movies. Dealing with a database that's crashing almost every day, and being harassed by the SW in additioon is a bit too much
Sorry for my bad spelling. English is not my mother tounge.