Here are some suggestions for All my movies and some bugs in program
- Maybe is interesting to add some new fields, or import additional data inside comments, for example Composer field, or Movie awards, or Filming locations, or Movie budget & gross.
- I have added in genre field my own value - TV series, because I want with one click to filter only TV series in database. I want that value to be showed exactly TV series, but application automaticaly shows Tv series, with small letter v.
- When I update some actors info, I don't want to change actors image. I have my own actors images, which are better then imdb suggested image. Also, You can add possibility for batch update only actors filmography and date of death eventually.
- On actors page when listing all movies in our database with that actor, would be nice to display that list with numbering, or to display exact number of movies with that actor. I know that this number is displayed on pop-up actors image, which is very nice
, but it's not bad to display that number also on actors page.
- When import some movie, application instead of letters shows question marks in actors names.
This happens with cyrillic letters, or special characters like é, í, á... For example, movie - Beowulf & Grendel, some letters in actors names are displayed like question marks.
Also, movie titles with cyrillic letters in actors filmography are with question marks.
- When I want to tag the person on the photo in movies where is a lot of actors, I can't tag the person because list of actors is out of the screen. I can't see actors on top of the list. It shows only the lower part of the list.
- Add possibility to save actors image, as same as we can save movie screenshots.
- Maybe to add option to import three actors images on actors page, my idea is to have one image with young actor, one in middle age, and one in old age. Ofcourse that extra images would be added manually by user. Then user chooses wich image would be main, or maybe application can choose randomly one of that three images to display as main.
- When importing actors data from imdb, it doesn't import trivia, personal quotes and salary data anymore.
- When click on link "Read additional details" on actors page, it doesn't open imdb link. Instead of that, opens new window with movie card dialog??
- Also, when I click on some movie link in actors filmography, I don't want to add that movie in my database and fetch movie data from imdb, I just want to open imdb link on the internet for that movie
- One very nice feature in this program is that all images are located inside one database file. But, bad thing is that database size is limited to 2 GB. I'm not software developer, I know that Access has possibility to link another database to the main one. Maybe, you can make after excedded limit of 2 GB, another container file which is linked to the first one, and so on, when second database file excedds limit, creates third file connected to the first two...
- On actors page, when there are several images taged with that actor, keyboard arrows don't work.
- Nice option would be to add back and forward button in application. When I look some movie card, for example on letter L, and then another movie card on letter T, which is far away in the list, and then I want to see again previous movie on letter L, would be nice to do that with one single click on back button.
- Maybe possibility to search some word inside one moviecard with right mouse click and option in context menu to search text inside that movie card.
- When there is a lot of actors, usually for TV series, needs quite some time to open that movie card, maybe you can make option to show only first 30 actors in movie card, and then like episodes to click on link to show all actors.
- Also when opening actors page, would be better to open window with only that actor, which would be much faster, now is with list of all actors in database and that needs additional time to load actors card. But in 99% cases I want to see info only for that person, not for all others. Or you can make by default when opening some actors card, to load list only of persons included in that movie. Would be much faster opening actors card.