All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Woo-Cash
Woo-Cash
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 8 months

Post #76by Woo-Cash » Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 pm

I have another suggestion. I have to translate into polish every country (besides most popular USA, in polish it's the same name) after downloading info from imdb. How about adding a table into database to translate them automatically? (I read somewhere in this forum something similar, with genres, when sci-fi and science-fiction would join into one name, and here e.g. Poland and Polska would join into Polska). I hope you understand what I mean.

vodkaboynow
vodkaboynow
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 2 months
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Feature request: Numbering system

Post #77by vodkaboynow » Tue May 22, 2007 10:50 am

Freddy wrote:I would like to sticker my DVDs with a number

It would be nice if the program can automatically generate a 'sequence number' for a DVD.


I LIKE this idea 8)

MD
MD
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 11 months

Re: Feature request: Numbering system

Post #78by MD » Wed May 23, 2007 6:53 am

vodkaboynow wrote:
Freddy wrote:I would like to sticker my DVDs with a number

It would be nice if the program can automatically generate a 'sequence number' for a DVD.

I LIKE this idea 8)

It's already possible :wink:

vodkaboynow
vodkaboynow
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 2 months
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Feature request: Numbering system

Post #79by vodkaboynow » Wed May 23, 2007 1:31 pm

MD wrote:
vodkaboynow wrote:
Freddy wrote:I would like to sticker my DVDs with a number

It would be nice if the program can automatically generate a 'sequence number' for a DVD.

I LIKE this idea 8)
It's already possible :wink:


Yes, I was using version 3, however, when I got home last night I upgraded to version 4 8)

edin
edin
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 1 month
Location: Bosnia & Herzegovinia

Few Sugestions

Post #80by edin » Thu May 24, 2007 4:19 am

I wrote you already one mail. I have few more suggestions. i already told you about loan sector. you should put few more options:
1. How much cost the movie. that price should be made by user of the program
2. when someone loan a 2,3,...etc movie's you should put that movies in one section
ex. Name (Edin) Movie numbers (1,25,1025,...) date borrowed (23.05.2007 ) date returned (no/or you put the date when person return movie) Paid how much (yes/no ; because someone can paid some money when he/she loan movie, and the rest of money when movie is returned)

3. when you collecting informations from internet for your movies you should put a preview options before person download contest, just like is done in program CatVids. Install it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Good luck guys. your program is really good. Sorry again about my english.



Cardinale je napisao/la:

3. 90% of the time the first movie in the list is the correct one. Could we add a preference to automagically select the first movie if desired so mass adds would be easier/faster. Could also have some options...pick first movie, pick newest movie, pick most popular movie, etc.


I think it is possible to do, but imagine how hard to clear the database from those 10% incorrect movies Smile


4. all this what Cardinal say + option that we could all our new/old database movie update with one click, or select more than one movie to update in one click.

It's sure that will be "hard" to clear incorrect database movies, but imagine when you are working with large movie database 1000+ movies. It's easier to correct those 10% of bad info, than fill 90% of correct info. It will save much much time.

P.S.
1. I'm using your free trial All My Movie 4.2

datasource
datasource
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 2 months
Location: Canada

Post #81by datasource » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Woo-Cash wrote:I have another suggestion. I have to translate into polish every country (besides most popular USA, in polish it's the same name) after downloading info from imdb. How about adding a table into database to translate them automatically? (I read somewhere in this forum something similar, with genres, when sci-fi and science-fiction would join into one name, and here e.g. Poland and Polska would join into Polska). I hope you understand what I mean.

Check your private messages

xixo
xixo
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #82by xixo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:40 pm

when I see the movie list on standard viw, on the film details should have a button to update the info, like it is on the actors list.

and after a move already has info, when I click on somebody name, should have one more possibilitie, to update the actor info.
90% of computer problems are resolved by shutting down the computer. The other 10%, by kicking the user.

xixo
xixo
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #83by xixo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:51 am

one more sugestion:
the idea of adding movies is fine, if only you have one movie, but what if you've got 2 times the same movie (in DVD, VHS, for example), you've got to add 2 times the movie.

And what if I have in the same support a bunch of movies how can I join them?

Thanks.
90% of computer problems are resolved by shutting down the computer. The other 10%, by kicking the user.

xixo
xixo
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #84by xixo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:13 pm

one more from me:

how about filtering movies/actors by the ones who hasn't been updated with a valid url?

thanks.
90% of computer problems are resolved by shutting down the computer. The other 10%, by kicking the user.

Benman
Benman
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 5 months
Location: Netherlands

Post #85by Benman » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:22 am

I'd like the option to also add languages/soundtyracks.

When i want to add it now, AMM also shows the empty fields like 'codec', 'average bitrate' and such.

I can add 'aspect ratio' and 'subtitles' but where am i supposed to put the available languages/soundtracks from the DVD? I thought i put it in streams, but then also the empty 'codec', 'bitrate' and such are shown. Very annoying. :wink:

MD
MD
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 11 months

Post #86by MD » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:32 am

  • I'd like to see the default HTML coding changed from ISO-8851-1 to UTF-8 because some eastern europe countries have problems with the export.
  • There is a small problem with [amm:audinfo].
    When I put it in javascript like this: "[amm:audinfo]" the last double quote will be removed so I have to add an extra space like this: "[amm:audinfo]<space>"
  • I'd like to se the ability to export all files from a template folder to the export folder.
    That way it'll be possible to put javascripts and the stylesheet into different files.

rdt2
rdt2
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 4 months
Location: Australia

Fonts

Post #87by rdt2 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:11 am

I'd love the ability to amend the default font used in the database screen to show movie details. Any chance of adding this?

Thanks!

Rob
2085 movies in database and growing!

rdt2
rdt2
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 4 months
Location: Australia

Post #88by rdt2 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:15 am

Hi.. I'd also like the ability to type the first few characters of a movie and it find it, as opposed to the current ability to use the first letter only. Is this an easy amendment to make.?

eg type "Mar" to locate March Of The Penguins instead of just "M" and having to scroll down.

Also can the Arrow up and down icons, actually Slide down the list without selecting each movie on the way up or down?

Thanks again

Rob

rdt2
rdt2
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 4 months
Location: Australia

Screenshots management

Post #89by rdt2 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:40 am

Hi Guys

Any way to bulk delete all screenshots from the database. They are annoying (to me anyway) and whilst I've selected the option to not import them now, its too late for the hundreds I have already that I want to cleanse?

Love the product and the tweaks you keep doing in response to feedback. I trust you read these posts at some stage

Cheers

Rob

Thorondor
Thorondor
Reputation: 0
With us: 11 years 10 months

Post #90by Thorondor » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:47 am

I would like some improvements on the actors namecards. Namely:
* A 'Next Actor'-button similar to the next movie-button when you're adding movies.
* Improved IMDB-search engine, because the current one can't find certain actors (in my case Alan Rickman and Andy Dick, the program had problems finding others, but these were the most famous ones, plus I only updated A and B so far)
* Auto-Update for the actors.
* Option to give an URL to the program to parse, in case of problems (also nice option to have for movies)
* Maybe better support for series. Besides movies I also own a small collection of series. It would be handy that the program auto-detects this and downloaded the names of episodes. Maybe implement also a better way of viewing them.

Edit:
* Option to export full sized covers when exporting to html and not just the thumbnails.


Return to “All My Movies”

Who is online (over the past 5 minutes)

Users browsing this forum: 6 guests