Galileon wrote:I am having the same problem as the OP. I installed the plugin, and it did not work. Yes, I re-started my movies and that didn't work. So I did a re-start on my PC, also without success. So whats the solution?
The original post is from 2012, and an earlier version of AllMyMovies. I backed up my database prior to trying this - better to be safe than sorry.
However; I downloaded the autonumber plugin and extracted it to the plugins folder of AMM (while it was not running). Opened AMM and sorted my titles alphabetically. Under 'Plugins' on the toolbar, I selected the "Auto Set Movie Numbers".
Here is where it gets interesting - There are no progress bars, spinning wheels, etc. to indicate that the plugin is working. There is only the "Program not responding" on top of the window for AMM. The only way that I could be sure that anything was happening was to check the resources being used by AMM in the background (Resource Hacker).
My database is quite large and AMM takes a great deal of time to change things on this scale. I left the program running until it completed on its' own. It did a phenomenal job! A seven year old plugin worked on an up to date version (8.9.1463) of AMM and created no additional issues with my database.