Sub-lists (sort of episodes)

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

meganqu
meganqu
With us: 11 years

Post #1by meganqu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:12 am

Let me describe my issue... My list is big, really big over 4,000 titles. In order to make my original html movie list easier to use I allow a single movie entry to open another list or database (i.e., for television series, etc.). OK, I know episodes already exist in the program and I already use it and it works great.

The problem is that I have a large number of cartoons and would like to put them in my list sort of like this...

Movie title 1
Movie title 2
Cartooons
Movie title 3
and on, and on.

When I click on cartoons it would be nice to have a sub-type come up as follows...

looney tunes
merry melodies
tom & jerry
and on, and on.

When I click on looney tunes then I get a sub-list with all of the cartoon titles which I can select then play.

OK, maybe the sub-database lists might be a bit clunky. What would be even better would be to slightly modify the way the episodes tab works.

First, make the season number an editable name. That way I could get my cartoon sub-types. Next add the imdb search icon next to the episode title so you can get the imdb description for each cartoon.

Either of the two options would solve my issue but I prefer the episode modifications. If anyone has any other ideas to do what I want please let me know.

Thanks,
Megan

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:25 am

Hi, meganqu!

Thanks for the detailed description - we'll see what can be done.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

liz grant
liz grant
With us: 11 years 8 months

Post #3by liz grant » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 pm

I would also appreciate this type of addition as I have all the Star Trek, Saw, Star Wars etc and instead of have to have a different folder for each one would like them in and episode type.

I have played about with this but not got very far.

I would be fantastic if your developers could come up with a solution.

Many thanks

Return to “All My Movies”