Unbelievable error in batch update movie details

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #1by R B Strautman » Thu May 23, 2013 2:39 pm

I have been using batch update movie details in groups of 40-80 movies and then re-editing the comments field to get rid of the comments I had edited out prior to using the batch update process (I am trying to finalize the work on my 5,100 movie database). For information on the other problems with batch update movie details see my earlier postings.

I noticed today, quit by accident since I wasn't expecting any problems in the actor field, that Tyrone Power was listed as an actor. I then looked at several of the nearby movies and found Tyrone Power was listed as an actor in those movies also. So I looked at my entire database and it currently has 352 movies with Tyrone Power listed as an actor!!!!!!! Some examples: Breakout (1975) Tyrone Powers is at the end of the actor list playing "Border Guard"; The Castle (1997) Tyrone Power is at the end of the actor list playing "Olga"; and my favorite of these errors, Beaumarchais the Scoundrel (1996) Tyrone Power at the end of the actor list playing "Marie-Antoinette".

There is something seriously wrong with the batch update movie details tool (and I thought this tool had problems before).

DO NOT use batch update movie details for any reason at all until this and all the other problems introduced into your database by this worthless tool are completely fixed and verified by real users.
Last edited by R B Strautman on Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Thu May 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi there!

We're really sorry for these troubles!
The problem must have been caused by the names update from IMDb. In the next build everything should work fine.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #3by R B Strautman » Sat May 25, 2013 2:56 am

I am sorry to say that the company's response to my report of Tyrone Power appearing in nearly every actor list when using the batch item update process,

"The problem must have been caused by the names update from IMDb. In the next build everything should work fine."

the problem HAS NOT been fixed in the build released yesterday (v7.5 build 1411). Tyrone continues to show up as an actor in films he is not actually in, including several hundred after his death in 1957. I hope is getting residuals on these films!!!!!

Use the batch item update process at your own risk because errors will be introduced into your data and your edits to the comments field will be lost.

aji_ash
aji_ash
With us: 11 years 2 months

Post #4by aji_ash » Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi,
Tyron should be the first listed actor in the first movie you have added in AMM db.. :D

Return to “All My Movies”