All My Movies v 7.5 bug

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

cloclo3712
cloclo3712
With us: 10 years 9 months

Post #1by cloclo3712 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:48 pm

I have a curious bug that has appeared with version 7.5. My database comprises over 1000 titles and I run W7-Pro SP1 with IE 10.

When I try to edit an existing record, the new information gets mixed up with the information of the first record in the database. I.E., if I edit, say record 879, when i save record 879, I end up with two copies of record 879, one with the data of record 1 mixed up with the new information, the other copy with no new information and record 1 has disapeared as such. This seems to occur at random, I may do 15-20 record saves without a problem and then, wham, I lose record 1.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

barrynet
barrynet
With us: 15 years 2 months

Post #2by barrynet » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:05 am

I have also experienced this bug in v 7.5, but it occurs with almost every edit to the database. Does it have something to do with the annoying change in v 7.5 where the database reopens at the last entry you were watching rather than at the start as previously?

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 5 months

Post #3by downe » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 pm

I also have this problem and it is very annoying. Almost every time when I add new title and update information from imdb, it messes up the first record in database. It is very frustrating, I have to manualy fix first record after that, and I did that 10 times already. Now I made first record to be blank movie called "..", better to mess up this, then real record in database

cloclo3712
cloclo3712
With us: 10 years 9 months

Post #4by cloclo3712 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:53 pm

It probably has something to do with this new feature, which myself I find interesting. It is not the first record of the database that gets mixed up, but the first record in the sort order.

pallec
pallec
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #5by pallec » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 am

Same problem here :(

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #6by Gemini » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi!
Thank you all for writing and reporting!

The bug must be connected with the new of version 7.5 - remembering the last record you were looking through before closing the program.

We'll fix it in the nearest update.
As a workaround, before editing a record, you need to click on its name in the list, it should help avoid the problem. But this is a temporary workaround, of course.

Have a nice day! :)

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”