Movies split in multiple avi files - how to play episodes?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Drachenstein
Drachenstein
With us: 10 years 10 months

Post #1by Drachenstein » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:15 pm

In another thread I was told, that the only way to deal with a movie split in two (or more) avi files is to enter it as episodes (as long as only one cover shall be visible for one movie).

That's absolutely okay for me, but now when I enter the two avi files as episodes (in one season), the "play" button is not active anymore.

Is there anything more I could have missed? How to play such movies now?

Thanks

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 am

Hi again!

When video files are added as episodes, then the Play button, which is next to the right episode is located in movie details area.

In the future versions, we could make it so that the main Play button on the toolbar could work for episodes as well. In this case, there will be another popup menu with the list of episodes available for playing.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Drachenstein
Drachenstein

Post #3by Drachenstein » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Gemini

Thanks for this hint. I'm so happy, because since I've added all my movies now with screenshots and details, I was so afraid that this was not possible and a NO GO, so that I would have to do all the work with a different software product again :D

But now I feel so dumb... In the movie detail (movie card) in the section "episodes" there are no play buttons next to the episodes :shock:

That's how it looks: www.drachenstein.ch/download/various/All_my_Movies_Episodes.jpg

What's wrong now?

Oh yeah, the main play button which opens a dialog window for the choice of the episode would be a very good idea.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi, Drachenstein!
You can see Play button for episodes in the movie detail area
http://screencast.com/t/6DdShDxkQ9

To do so that the episodes are displayed, you need to click on the link "Click to show episodes" in the movie detail area. In this case, you next to the episodes, with avi files added, you will see the Play button, as in the picture.

Regards,

Drachenstein
Drachenstein

Post #5by Drachenstein » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Now I really was bored with this, confused and started to think you're kidding me!

Finally I found the problem. It's because I use the HTML-Template "lite gray" which I like the most.

But... in this template there's no such thing :roll:

I have to tell you, that was a long way just to be able to watch our movies split in more than one avi, but finally I'm just happy that it works at all :D , now even the template is adjusted: http://www.drachenstein.ch/download/various/All_my_Movies_Episodes2.jpg

So thanks for your hints Gemini!

Gemini
Gemini

Post #6by Gemini » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Your collection looks great!

So, all is well that ends well! :D

Regards,

Drachenstein
Drachenstein

Post #7by Drachenstein » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Yes, it's a big project :D

Actually it's for our kids (or better for the whole family). It's better than watching TV and it's fun to choose a movie like this (with the screenshots and all the information of the movies).

But still we have much work left, there still are hundreds of DVD's we will rip and put in AMM (with often more than one disk, he he) :shock:

So we will be happy to see the "main" play button open a list of episodes in the future.
Or even better to have next the episodes function also the possibility to add a second DVD (or avi file) if a movie consists of two (or up to four) disks, which is not *that* unusual I think.

Keep up the great work!

Gemini
Gemini

Post #8by Gemini » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Thank you very much! :D

Yeah, I think the main Play button will be added soon, since it would really be much more convenient.

Thank you for the feedback and have a nice day!

Regards,

Return to “All My Movies”