All My Movies - Drag and Drop

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Turboroo
Turboroo
With us: 10 years 7 months

Post #1by Turboroo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:15 am

I first purchased All My Movies back in 2010 but put it aside and didn't do much with it as it was quite cumbersome to add lots of movies into the data base - lots of manual navigation and mouse clicking required. Recently I decided to give it another go and purchased a more up-to-date version (7.5) assuming that 3 years later there would be more user friendly functionality i.e drag and drop. But unless there are features I have not found it seems to me that there is still plenty of scope for development of user-friendly feature enhancements, specifically:

- drag and drop of a movie from windows explorer into the app to add a movie (presently it asks if you want to link the new movie to the one being displayed - this function would be better provided thru a link button)

- drag and drop an (IMDB link) URL into the Media tab URL field directly from your browser (instead of having to copy and paste)

- drag and drop a movie thumbnail from a web page or your own directory into the movie record cover image spot instead of (or additional to) the app doing a web search.

In addition, another nice feature would be an IMDB search button on the front page of the movie record where it searches the IMDB data base for movies/episodes with the name you entered and it gives you a choice of which one to select to populate the data record (assuming multiple hits were found - which is often the case), rather than having to first find and supply the correct IMDB URL in the media info tab.

This sort of drag and drop and smart search functionality is fairly standard these All My Movies could do with adding these features as it is presently way to cumbersome to add movies and details when you have a lot of them.

Please correct me if I am wrong and some or all of this is already there, but I have not found it.

Thank you
Turboroo

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 am

Hi, Turboroo!

Thank you for your suggestions and effort to describe them in detail :)

We'll try to introduce them in one of the future versions.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”