Problems adding a boxed or multi-title set

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

LezardSouffle
LezardSouffle
With us: 10 years 7 months

Post #1by LezardSouffle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, but the search feature on this forum doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting an error...

I'm in my trial period experimenting with my more complicated titles to see how All My Movies handles them. When I enter a boxed (multi-title) set via barcode, for example "Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Vol. 4" (barcode: 012569802728), pulling from IMDb only gets me one of the 50+ shorts titles in this collection: ROMAN LEGION HARE (1955). How can I get the rest of the titles from this set?

When I try using the drop-down magnifying glass menu to change the database searched, no matter which database I choose (and I even added the TCM plugin), I seem to get the same results for the same one title from this multi-title collection. What am I doing wrong?

The same thing is happening on "Tom and Jerry: The Chuck Jones Collection" (barcode: 883929068159). I'm only getting PENT-HOUSE MOUSE (1963) and none of the other 33 titles in this set. (Note: all these animated shorts are short FILMS in their own right, not TV episodes.)

Assistance please. Thanks.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi there!

Searching by bar code does not depend on the database selected - it is always conducted in the same databases. In IMDb, for example, you can't search by barcode. In the worst case, by barcode the program can only find the name of the movie, after that it searches for the title found in IMDb and then you're given a few variants to choose from.
Unfortunately, you won't be able to download all the titles from the search results, only one of them.

Regards,
Last edited by Gemini on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bolide Software Support Team

LezardSouffle
LezardSouffle

Post #3by LezardSouffle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:20 pm

So how do you enter a boxed or multi-title set in this program?

LezardSouffle
LezardSouffle

Post #4by LezardSouffle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Anyone?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #5by Gemini » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 am

Hi, LezardSouffle!

You can add them to the database using the menu Tools-Scan drive for movies, but you'll have to download separately information from IMDb - for one at a time.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”