Backing up collection using drop box

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

dashopaholic
dashopaholic
With us: 10 years 7 months

Post #1by dashopaholic » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:16 am

I signed up for drop box. I have gone to preferences in my all my movies and it has a pathway that I have now lost trying to change it! So I don't think my collection is being backed up now. I'd like to back it up to that drop box but have no idea what the pathway would look like to get it changed in my preferences! HELP!!
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 pm

"C:\Users\your name here\Dropbox"

This is the location of the dropbox folder.
(Of course, you need to edit the "your name here" portion)

Maybe this will help you? I have not tried putting backups into dropbox.

dashopaholic
dashopaholic

Ok, I got that

Post #3by dashopaholic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:56 am

I found the pathway on my computer so I can do this again...I wrote it down as I'm not that computer saavy! I closed everything out and went to the dropbox icon on my desktop and clicked it and sure enough everything was there. But it is supposed to be saved somewhere out there in cyberspace....how do I KNOW it really is and it's not just bringing up what I have saved on my computer drive?

count me as computer paranoid!
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Someone who is more familiar with Dropbox will have to answer this.

But, it would appear to me that you would have to access your Dropbox account from a different PC / iPhone / etc. to actually be certain.

I'm not too familiar with the program as I tried it two days ago to upload a file - 300 MB was going to take 3 days to complete! I trashed Dropbox.
My ISP is probably to blame for the ridiculous upload speeds, but at any rate; I chose to ditch Dropbox because it was not beneficial.

Sorry that I can't be more of help.

dashopaholic
dashopaholic

Thank you!

Post #5by dashopaholic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Not a problem. I appreciate your responses! Thanks so much for taking the time to help newbies!
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Return to “All My Movies”