Slowness of reponse with the program

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

e143slime8
e143slime8
With us: 14 years

Post #1by e143slime8 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:19 am

Am running Win 7 x64 on Pentium i7-3770K machine and All My Movies is running EXTREMELY slow. My database is a little over 568 Meg. I'm running the latest version of AMM 7.6

HELP!!

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #2by R B Strautman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Have you tried running the compression feature that All My Movies has (look under Database in the menu bar). I suggest backing up your data using AMM backup feature (also under Database in the menu bar) AND ALSO copying the correct .amm file to a location of your own choosing before using the compressional feature just in case something goes wonky during compression.

e143slime8
e143slime8
With us: 14 years

Post #3by e143slime8 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 pm

I believe I've cured the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled AMM. This time, the default "title" column is set for "list" mode under "View" option. Now program runs the way I remember it. Compression only takes the size from 568 meg to 562 meg so I figure that wouldn't work. Would be nice to leave it under "over thumbnails" or "virtual list" but I figure with this large a database "not gonna happen".

Thanks for your reply. If any other suggestions, let me know.

Steve

Return to “All My Movies”