Computer hard drive died. Bought new computer. HOW do I get

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

dashopaholic
dashopaholic
With us: 10 years 7 months

Post #1by dashopaholic » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Computer hard drive died. Bought new computer. HOW do I get my saved file from dropbox into my AllMyMovies program that I downloaded to my new laptop?

Yikes, we are talking HOURS of work!!! Help!!!

thanks,

lisa
Thanks!

dashopaholic

dashopaholic
dashopaholic

Windows 8

Post #2by dashopaholic » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:10 pm

I did download the program but it wasn't working right. Don't know if that is a windows 8 issue or what. So I uninstalled it. So I need really detailed instructions on how to get my AllmyMovies and AllmyBooks on my new computer and how to get my back up from dropbox into the new computer on this software. Please keep in mind, I'm really not very computer saavy so if you leave out a step I will NOT be able to intuitively figure out what is missing!!!

Thanks for any help!!!

lisa
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #3by Gemini » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:06 am

Hi there!

You need to download and install Dropbox program from www.dropbox.com
You'll need login and password for your Dropbox account. Then Dropbox will upload all the info you had there, including All My Movies database.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

dashopaholic
dashopaholic

How do I get the bolide all my movies software on my

Post #4by dashopaholic » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:24 pm

new computer? When I downloaded it yesterday and entered the keycode I have and then tried to get my saved database from dropbox, all it showed was the sample movies done. So I uninstalled the software as I didn't know what else to do. This new computer has that windows 8 on it.

yikes again!

lisa
Thanks!

dashopaholic

dashopaholic
dashopaholic

All is good

Post #5by dashopaholic » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:52 am

I don't know what I did....but all is good! I have the allmymovies software on my new laptop AND my database from my dropbox did transfer. Wish I knew what I did that worked, but all is OK.

thanks for the help!!

lisa
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Re: All is good

Post #6by Gemini » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:05 pm

dashopaholic wrote:I don't know what I did....but all is good! I have the allmymovies software on my new laptop AND my database from my dropbox did transfer. Wish I knew what I did that worked, but all is OK.

thanks for the help!!

lisa

That's great news! :D
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”