AMM and DACAL DC-300 using Windows 8.1

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

fraws
fraws
With us: 10 years 2 months

Post #1by fraws » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Hello,

I just dled the trial version of AMM. I want to switch over from collectorz because it seems to support my DACAL DC-300. So I imported a few movies using a barcode Scanner. Now I want to add them as a new entry in the CD library but I cant find any options to do so. Do I need a plugin for this or any other additional tools so that AMM recognizes the Dacal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

fraws

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi there!
Welcome! :)

No, you don't need any additional plugins.
Dacal must be connected via USB and switched on before starting All My Movies. Then in the movie card there will be a special button available next to the Media Location field, which can be used to set the location of CD in the device. If the location is specified, then in the menu by right-clicking on the movie, you'll find the option Get disk - so, you'll be able to select the right CD in the device.

Hope, it helps.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

fraws
fraws
With us: 10 years 2 months

Post #3by fraws » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi again

thank you very much, seemed that the Dacal wasnt registered properly as an USB Hub so AMM didn`t recognize it. Its working now. I started to add some DVDs to the library and came across another question:

I add movies with the F6 bulk insert feature using a barcode scanner. In the details of the movie in the register "Media info" every new movie gets a +1 increment in the "movie number" field. In the location field, the Location of the first Dacal is _DC300_54264_## where ## is the physical location in the dacal.

Is there any way to automatically increment this ## number as well, or use the movie number? For now I just change this number manually. And if the media count is >1 it should add up in the location suffix numer as well.

Am I doing it wrong? I hope you more or less understand what I mean :)

regards

fraws

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #4by Gemini » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi again!

Unfortunately, in the current version it's impossible.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”