Bulk add movies from hard drive

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

snoozer
snoozer
With us: 10 years 1 month

Post #1by snoozer » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi new to All My Movies and was wondering if I am missing something, how do I bulk add movies from external drive? Movies are sorted on drive in folders.
I have way to many movies to do one by one.
I would like them added to database with movie info filled out.

Thanks for the help
Mark

davidfrost
davidfrost
With us: 10 years 2 months

Post #2by davidfrost » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Below is the link for the online guide. You can just change the source folder to your external drive. Assuming that this has been detected by your computer.

http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/help/
We only live once.Image

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #3by Gemini » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:34 am

Hello there!

You usually need to help the program to choose the right movie from the search results.

The good news is that in one of the nearest versions there will be an opportunity to fully automatically download the information about movies.
We hope it helps.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Ramon_NL
Ramon_NL
With us: 9 years 11 months

Post #4by Ramon_NL » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Okay, I have the same question and it isn't in the manual, the help document does not even mention the 'scan device for movies' option...

I have external hdd's with movie files, in this format:

movie.file.mkv <-- movie
movie.file.nfo <-- text file with information and imdb link
movie.file.srt <-- subtitle file
movie.file.jpg <-- cover

All my 40+ externals are formatted this way.

In order to get 99% automation, I need AMM to add both the filename and the accompanying imdb-link. If AMM can do that, I can have it add and download all online db-info in one automated go in the background which would save me a tremendous amount of time.

So how do I link the filename with the imdb link upon scanning a device?

At this moment I first use the scan device option to import, then use eXtreme Movie Manager in trial mode to do the same and get the linked information (EMM reads .nfo files and imports information from it) and export that to a csv file which I then copy the text from to notepad and then copy paste the imdb links into the movie cards (sort with 'added date' and use the thumbnail view so you can see if there is a picture or not). However, EMM has a 50 movie limit so I have to do 50 at a time (after which I move those 50 files into a temp folder, EMM starts with scanning the root so I can move files to a temp folder then scan the rest, until I have them all). After doing 100-200 moviecards, I use the tools -> batch update movie details. 150 movies takes about 55-60 minutes.

There must be an easier way :shock: I am open for suggestions :D
If AMM could read the accompanying .txt file for imdb links, it would automate the process for 99%!

Oh, in case you ask: EMM does not support .mkv files so it does not read file information. If it had that support I would not be here...

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #5by Gemini » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi there!
As for the covers, in one of the nearest updates it will be possible to add covers automatically from the files located near them.

As for .nfo files, could you send us a few examples of these files to support@bolidesoft.com?

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”