AllMyMovies on Windows 8.1 Issues

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

kevinwelty
kevinwelty
With us: 10 years 1 month

Post #1by kevinwelty » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:35 am

1. While navigating screens, after a half dozen or so window changes, all program windows get minimized to lower left corner of screen and all my other windows also get hidden. I must then kill the program and restart to be able to use it, not to mention restore all my other open windows.

2. Printing Report - I have about 150 movies in my DB so far and I went to generate a report of them. So far, the program has halted and crashed every time I go to preview a report. I have to use Task Manager to kill it. Occasionally I get "Bounds Check" errors and that causes streaming error prompt boxes because the programmers were to lazy to create error vectors in the code to abort continued operation.

3. When entering a multi-movie DVD set, invariably I have to add each movie individually and by hand, there should be a way to link movies together and show they are part of a set.

4. It takes a bloody long time to get the details on a movie. Must be the longest amount of time I have seen in any program of this type.

So, having started using this program, my experience has been HORRIBLE to date and unless these can be addressed, you will lose customers. Just because you can code using Delphi or some derivative doesn't mean you can effectively create a stable package. You really need to isolate the modules, do range checks and make sure that you trap all errors, so that your user is not bombarded with unending error messages when the code screws up.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi, Kevin!

Thank you for bug reports - we're working on it already.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”