Reformating my computer and reinstalling AMM

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

AndreasPetersen
AndreasPetersen
With us: 11 years 4 months

Post #1by AndreasPetersen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:45 am

Hello there. The computer I have All My Movies on needs to be reformatted. Obviously, I plan to reinstall AMM, but I was just wondering, will all the notes I've written into the movies transfer over? Or the poster art I've added? Can I just send the AMM file through email and open it when I reinstall? Am I even making any sense? Thanks for the help!

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:15 pm

This is my opinion:

1) Do a backup of your database
2) Copy the entire AllMyMovies folder to a flash drive before reformatting. Make sure you also include your backup if in a different location.
(This way, you'll have all of your images, backups, etc.)

After you reformat:
1) Reinstall and register AllMyMovies with your license.
2) Copy contents of the AMM folder on your flash drive to the new AMM folder on your PC. Be sure to include the latest backup you created.
3) Open AllMyMovies and open the latest backup. You should be good to go!
(You can then save your database with a new name to eliminate 'backup' from being in the title of your database.)

I hope this helps :)

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #3by Gemini » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:31 am

Hi, AndreasPetersen!

Viki is absolutely right - you'll be able to save all your notes and covers if you save the database file to a USB flash drive or online cloud storage. You'll be able to save the file using menu item Database-Backup..

Viki, thanks a lot for your help! :)

Have a nice day!
Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”