All My Movies Internet Connection Trouble

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

MovieMan80
MovieMan80
With us: 9 years 7 months

Post #1by MovieMan80 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Newbie here,

I have been enjoying All My Movies (on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) for the past week without any problems what so ever. However today I have started getting the following error message when trying to search for a new title:

"Cannot Connect!
Check your Internet connection!
Please check that Internet Explorer is able to open www.bolidesoft.com.
Probably, the option "Work Offline" is set in IE. Our program uses Internet Explorer engine for online queries".

I have checked that internet explorer 11 can connect to the net, which it can and have also restarted the computer a couple of times but I am still getting the above message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 am

Hi there!

And does "Check for updates" work for you? Can you go to Menu item "Help - Check for updates..." and check. If it doesn't work, try opening IE and open www.bolidesoft.com in it. Does the site open?

If checking for updates works fine, then specify which online database you use to get movie info and give a couple of titles or barcodes examples you're trying to add.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

rmurray847
rmurray847
With us: 16 years 4 months

Post #3by rmurray847 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 pm

I'm having the same difficulty, now that I've upgraded to 8.0. And no, it will not connect to anything, including check for updates. So there is literally nothing I can do on the program now.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #4by Gemini » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:50 am

Hi, rmurray847!
The problem can be caused either by the firewall blocking the program, Work offline option activated in the Internet Explorer.

Try opening www.bolidesoft.com in Internet Explorer. If it opens fine, it means you need to check your firewall software - it may well block the program.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”