AllMyMovies 8 Bugs/Issues/Improvements

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

ViruSpider
ViruSpider
With us: 16 years

Post #1by ViruSpider » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:10 pm

AllMyMovies 8 Bugs
(ordered by Importance)

1) No episodes for tv series from IMDB

2) When adding a new movie it won't show up directly in the left movie list. I have to click e.g. on Filter "All" to refresh the movie list to see the newly added movie or movies. Btw, the right side (Detail view will show the last added movie). This issue is in the program for so long already. A fix would be excellent.

3) When adding a new movie there is the possibility to directly create the next new movie by pressing "Next movie" (Nächster Film), unfortunately this button disappears when choosing a corresponding movie file on the harddisk (use Browse as in local path (Lokaler Pfad)). This is quite annoying, because I would like to add several movies and choose during this process the corresponding movie file for this movie, without clicking OK after each operation and then click "Add new movie" again...

4) When initially starting AllMyMovies you can read "Search book list..." in the filter edit box (german language Version)

One comment:
The Batch Edit feature to change properties of several movies at once is excellent! Thanks for this!

And one question:

Some (longer) time ago the movies got added in the way that the article got moved comma separated to the end of the movie title. Now the article is in front of the title. Can I adapt this behavior somewhere? So e.g. movie title is "The Road", but I would like to have "Road, The" ?

Regards

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi there!
The update with the fix of all the bugs has been released.

As for articles, go to Tools - Preferences - Expert options tab and tick the option "Move articles to the end of the titles".

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

ViruSpider
ViruSpider

Post #3by ViruSpider » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi Gemini,

unfortunately not..
only the first issue (episode loading) and the 4th issue are fixed in version 8.0 1431.

Issue 2 and 3 are still there.

The option "Move articles to the end of the titles" seems to work only for english movies. Movies with German title that start with German articles (der, die das or ein or eine) are not considered.

Regards

ViruSpider
ViruSpider

And another bug

Post #4by ViruSpider » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Another quite annoying bug that you could fix is the following:

if you want to add a new movie after you used the filter to search for some movies and then press Enter, so that you can really only see the movies according to the filter criteria.
So if you then add the new movie, the type and media place is not shown. Both fields are simply empty (after adding the movie). But the values are stored. because if you close AllMYMovies and start it again, the values show up (workaround for me is pressing Ctrl + Alt + R, which will also show the values).

This bug exists also since a few AllMyMovies version. I am running into this bug quite frequently, because usually I search at first to find out if I really do not have a movie, and then (after that search) I add this new movie...

Regards

Return to “All My Movies”