Suggestion: Printing out a copy of all my movies EASILY!

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

dashopaholic
dashopaholic
With us: 10 years 7 months

Post #1by dashopaholic » Thu May 21, 2015 8:48 am

It would be real nice if there was a simple way to just print out the entire collection by genre instead of having to learn how to create a template and go from there. That template page is just scarey looking! I just want a hard copy list of my movies done by genre for insurance purposes!
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Sun May 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Have you tried Exporting your collection to a plain text file (Choose "Sort by" and then "First Genre" before starting the export.)?

Of course; you'd need to select all of the information to be included in the text file and make sure that "Genre" is one of them.

I have never heard of an insurance company that wanted things listed by genre before. Serial numbers, price, photos, and descriptions are all I ever thought you needed. You learn something every day!

dashopaholic
dashopaholic
With us: 10 years 7 months

Printing out

Post #3by dashopaholic » Tue May 26, 2015 4:47 am

Insurance company doesn't care about genre! That's for me so I don't buy duplicates of stuff! My memory just ain't what it use to be! I can't seem to export it because I do not have anything microsoft on my computer. I use the free version of Open Office by Apache and that is not an option when trying to export...

When I do this, it exports it to notepad of all the crappy programs it could send it to! So it looks like this...which is NOT easy to read!

Num;Genre;Title
1;"Tv series, Comedy";
2;"Tv series, Comedy, Sci-fi";"3rd Rock from the Sun"
3;"Tv series, Comedy, Family";"Blue Collar TV, season 1"
4;"Tv series, Crime, Dramedy, Mystery";"Boston Legal, the complete series"
5;"Tv series, Action adventure, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Spy, Thriller";"Burn Notice, seasons 1-6"

IF I could do a copy and paste that would be nice but it doesn't work.

I just want a list that shows all the TV shows we own or all the adventure movies we own, etc.

thanks!!

lisa
Thanks!

dashopaholic

Return to “All My Movies”