Unwanted updates are occuring

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #1by R B Strautman » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:01 pm

When a customer selects "batch update movie details" and then selects the option to update "ratings only" the update process currently also edits the comments field. Specifically the program adds back IMdb comments which I routinely delete when adding a new movie because I want to include my comments not the generally useless movie PR quotes which are often found in this field.

Could you please fix the update "ratings only" to really just be ratings only.

Thanks.

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Welcome back and hope this fix is on your list for next update

Post #2by R B Strautman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:10 pm

I just finished updating all 4,305 seen films in my database to include my own "heart" ratings. During this lenghty process I used the "update ratings only" option in batch update movie details to restore the IMdb ratings since I had been changing those ratings to reflect my own ratings (I am much more critical of films than many people). Now I can see what others thought verses what I thought.

However, the "update ratings only" option does not just update ratings. It also updates the "Comments" sections which I routinely delete. So I had to re-delete comments for 1000s of films.

Please fix "update rating only" to update only ratings and stay away from "comments".

BTW I did not test update "actors and roles only" or "media info" to see if also changed "comments".

FYI I have about 140 films where my heart rating and the IMdb rating varied by 1.5 or more units.

Return to “All My Movies”