Best Money Spent! BUT I have one thing that's driving me nuts!

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Treasuress.4207
Treasuress.4207
With us: 7 years 2 months

Post #1by Treasuress.4207 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm

I am LOVING the programme! It's saving me so much time doing what I was having to do manually. Thank you for offering such an outstanding piece of software!
My bugbear is the scenario field. As a high school teacher, I am absolutely aware of what the word 'scenario' means, however I cannot for the life of me work out what it is intended for in the cards. When I import movie info from imdb, it's either left empty, or filled with the director's name or some other random carp that has nothing at all to do with the intended meaning. Can I just somehow REMOVE the scenario field? My ocd hates it.
:mrgreen:

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Greetings

Scenario field is for "Writers", I think. I too, do not want this field populated. So, I've been digging into the matter to try and find a solution.
There is no simple way to eradicate the information from this field.

When I add a title I erase the information from the scenario field before saving the entry. My OCD comes in handy...

For the movies that have "Scenario" field information entered -
You can locate them by selecting the "Directories" tab,
then select "Names" and "Sort By" Scenario Popularity.

The names will be listed in the left side column, and when you select a name the movie information will appear in the right side column.
At this point, make a note of the movie title, and continue down the left side list until you have found all of the "Scenario" entries.

Look up each of the movies that you have listed and clear the "Scenario" field in each.
Remember to manually clear this field when entering new titles.

Batch updating titles will fill in this information again if you do not put something in this field (Your choice of symbol or text).

If someone from Bolide has a better way, I am open to receive it.

Return to “All My Movies”