Search and load does not seem to work.

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

MovieFan
MovieFan
With us: 7 years

Post #1by MovieFan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:40 pm

If I add the title of a movie and hit the search button, nothing gets updated on the movie card.

If I select amazon, I find the movie in the list, but when I double click all I get is the picture brought back.; The title, director, Genres, actors rating, etc. do not populate. Everything has to be manually updated.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong.

Version 6.9 build 1323

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:48 pm

If I am not mistaken; every source for acquiring movie information has changed their websites and/or formats for displaying title details.
AllMyMovies has been updated to address 'some' of those website sources during its transition to the current version (v8.9.1447).

The software version that you are using simply will not pull (scrape) the movie details any longer because Imdb, Amazon, etc., have changed their formats. Bolide has hinted to a new version coming up (version 9) but I don't know when that might be. But, the current version works extremely well (even though there are fewer choices for obtaining a title's details). I highly recommend upgrading your version of AllMyMovies.

Return to “All My Movies”