TV Series - Episodes?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Petitboeuf
Petitboeuf
With us: 6 years 7 months

Post #1by Petitboeuf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi all!

First of all, well done on the product: great tool!

I'm sure this has been asked but I failed to find a relevant answer: when adding TV series to the dB is there a way to have all the episodes updated with imdb info at once instead of having to click one by one?

For reference my procedure is currently as follow:
    Add files from TV series folder
    Click on first episode and rename from "name_of_tv_series s01e01" to "name_of_tv_series" to allow recognition
    Select TV series title (I cannot defined which season and episode the file is?)
    Click OK
    Repeat for each file...

This is very time consuming :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:10 pm

You could try <Movie>, <Add by Title> using thetvdb instead of IMDb to update your TV series. I'm not quite sure about your questions regarding how they are titled, but regardless, thetvdb will fill in each season with the episodes numbered by season and episode. (I prefer to have my files in chronological order and titled by episode name instead of number.) thetvdb does not look at my files - it fills in the information for the show title from their database so it displays season and episode number. When you select to "Show Episodes" on the movie card, it will then display the episodic title with a summary, as well.

One thing to keep in mind though - if you return to the TV series to add a new season, ALL of the seasons will be added again thus causing duplicates of the seasons you have already added. Simple solution is to delete all the seasons first and then update the series to include all of the seasons.

If you want to use AllMyMovies to actually begin the play of individual files you will need something to help get your files in order first. I have used a small free program to rename series to the "S01E01, etc" format for other uses (Remember I said I save files chronologically?) Maybe this is something that might interest you, as well. It is called "Name My TV Series" and can be found here:

Code: Select all

https://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre/rename-your-tv-series-files/

Hopefully this will be of assistance to you.

Petitboeuf
Petitboeuf
With us: 6 years 7 months

Post #3by Petitboeuf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Thank you very much! I'll try what you've suggested.

Return to “All My Movies”