Problem with Actor Details

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Micro
Micro
With us: 9 years 6 months

Post #1by Micro » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:57 pm

I just upgraded to a new computer and reinstalled everything from scratch. I imported my AMM database and all that went fine.
But now when I try to add an actor's details (through the IMDb.com database), all the info is added correctly but the actor's image/picture is always some weird 1/3 size colored graphic and not the picture of the actor/actress, but it is always the same weird graphic.

I've not had this problem before and it hasn't affected any of my prior movies or actor details.
My assumption is that I have some setting wrong, but I just can't find any that make a difference.

There are 3410 movies in my database and "images are stored in the database", if that some how makes a difference.
Movies title images and screenshots are still downloaded and imported from IMDb.com correctly, it's only the actor/actresses pictures that are affected.
And in all cases I have double checked and there is a picture on the page referenced in the actor's details.

Any help/ideas??
Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:56 am

Same problem here!
Perhaps IMDb has changed their format again? Along with actor's photos being non-existant, the actor's "Details" section is jibberish, as well.
I wish that there was a setting to allow scraping actor info from a site different than IMDb. The Movie Database (tMDb) would be a good source. :roll:

Micro
Micro
With us: 9 years 6 months

Post #3by Micro » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 pm

This is still happening, but not all the time. Some actor/actress details come through fine and others are a jumble of code.
No real indication of why, as some actor's details are brand new on IMDb, while others are actors that have been around since IMDb started, so it doesn't seem to be that the detail format has changed @ IMDb.
It's just so random, being about 35% good details, 65% scrambled details.

Hopefully Bolide can take a look at what's going on??
Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Return to “All My Movies”