Export image file

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

jamief
jamief
With us: 6 years 4 months

Post #1by jamief » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 am

I have been trying the various export functions but cannot seem to get an output that includes the file name of the DVD cover.
As it is my intention to import some filtered results into a blog I also wish to run, I would like this to be in the CSV file. Is there a reason why the name of the file stored in the images folder (images not stored in database) is not available in the export function?

I tried to change the setting to storing images inside the DB but when I created an export for that there still was no way to export anything about the cover file.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Greetings,

I think that cover images are named the same as the movie number when they are entered into the database.

A few years back someone came up with a plugin that would allow you to 'export all images' and name them according to the movie name. To use the plugin, you place it inside AMM Plugin folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\AllMyMovies\plugins" (While AMM is closed).
Then, open AMM and select 'Plugins' from the tool bar, and then 'Save All Images', choose a folder and wait....
The process can be quite lengthy and does not display a progress bar, but when completed you will see the last title in your database displayed.

This forum was closed for an extended period of time and some older content is no longer available. I have the plugin archived and have uploaded it in case it may be useful to you:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1gdyy74kjlod/Save%20All%20Images.rar
138 KB / No password

jamief
jamief
With us: 6 years 4 months

Post #3by jamief » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 am

I thought they might be too, but they are not, and it makes sense because there are additional media images that are imported from Film Affinity for many movies (Images and back covers) and these are numbered in sequence, making it impossible to keep the images alligned with the movie number.

Im interested in trying your plugin, it sounds like a solution that might work.

Another solution I am looking at is using the All my movies manager plugin that allows me to work in Access with the AMM database. I have seen in that app that there is a separate table for images and I believe they are linked with movie ID (which would be Movie number) This would perhaps allow users to generate a CSV with just movie IDs (linked to their names) and image file names. So I would have to import - append the images to the new database location.

Thanks for the file!

Return to “All My Movies”