Problem with Scan Drive for movies

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

daniele
daniele
With us: 6 years 2 months

Post #1by daniele » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi,
I have an existing database for all movies of one harddrive. When I want to add new movies to the database I use the function "Scan Drive for movies". There it starts:
1. The program lists all movies on the harddrive, no matter which ones are already in the database.
2. Using the button "Remove existing" removes 6 from 2000 movies. After accepting the program asks me for most of the videos that a duplicate exists... why is this check not done after clicking "Remove existing"
3. A lot of movies will be added again, if their filename differs from the title in the database. Why that? The correct filename can be found in the correct "Local path". Playing the file with a double click works, so why does the program add the file again? I won't change every filename so that it corresponds to the title. An option which compares the Local paths instead of the titles would be very helpful!
4. Someone already asked in this forum for a function to check if the file at the defined "Local path" is still existing. Your answer linked to the "Find deleted" function in the "Scan Drive for movies" method. But this function only deletes files. Isn't there a check to filter for those files, so that the path can be corrected?

Especially 3. is a real problem for me.

Thank you very much!

Greets Daniel

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 pm

daniele wrote:Hi,
When I want to add new movies to the database I use the function "Scan Drive for movies". There it starts:
Certainly, the developers are better suited to try and help you sort this, but maybe I can assist in the meanwhile.
While the AMM software is super easy to use, it is not a 'one-click' solution to cataloging your collection. It does require you to interact with it while it does most of the heavy lifting.

"Scan Drive for movies" is a great tool for beginning a database, or adding a different hard drive to that same database.

To add new titles that are located on your (previously scanned) hard drive, it would be best to add them to your collection using "Add by Title", or "Add from File", etc. Scanning the entire drive (Again) tells AMM to add the files again.

I do not start movies from inside the database because my files do not remain on my hard drives.
Perhaps another member reading this will have more to offer.

mlsills M
mlsills M
With us: 16 years 8 months

Add by Scan Hard Drive

Post #3by mlsills » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 pm

I am currently in the process of ripping my DVDs to hard drives and have done so with a good number at this time. I would like to be able to have AMM import from hard drive(s) and "update" any already existing entries, with new information, particularly media type (HDD).

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:30 am

There is a new information page on the Bolide software website that has some great information concerning "Scan Drive for Movies"!
http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/organize-hard-drive.html
It might help with what you are intending to do. :idea: 8)

Return to “All My Movies”