Have you stopped providing support?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

RobertR
RobertR
With us: 6 years 1 month

Post #1by RobertR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:42 am

Hello everyone,

I bought AMM about three weeks ago hoping I can replace my no longer supported Personal Video Database instance, especially now since AMM is able to import the PVD database. The import worked fine, but I ran into an issue I was unable to resolve.

So two weeks ago I used the built-in support request feature, which redirects to http://www.bolidesoft.com/feedback.php. I provided the information needed and submitted my request. So far I neither received a confirmation of my request nor an answer.

A week ago I tried to get a status update of my request by replying to the email I got after the purchase, the email address I sent it to was support@bolidesoft.com. Again, I did not receive anything until now.

So my question is if you guys have stopped providing support to end users? I tried to contact you using your official published support options, and get no reply in 2 weeks? Have I wasted my money here? Have other users experienced the same?

Thanks, Robert

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm

That is a very valid question...
Is the forum being monitored, or not? I don't know. If you had read through this forum you would've found numerous inquiries along the same lines. Many requests go completely ignored, or take years to get a response. Perhaps the issue(s) you have encountered have been experienced by others and the answers may already be answered in the forum. If not, please post your questions here and see if another member can help you from their knowledge.
The program is an excellent piece of software and a worthy investment (even without support). Don't give up. :oops:

RobertR
RobertR

Post #3by RobertR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Thanks Viki for the response. In honesty, reading through the forum right now is kind of a challenge, because it appears to be flooded with spam. For me, this is just another sign that the forum / support in general has been abandoned because nobody is taking care of it.

But thanks for the encouraging words, I will try to post my issue here and see if someone can help. I do want to like the software and found it useful so far. But really, right now I would not recommend anyone to invest their money into this product.

Viki F
Viki F

Post #4by Viki » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:11 pm

I have emailed the developers and made them aware of the 'abandoned' state of the forum. They did respond to my email (sort of), but have not tackled the cleanup as yet. Since they do not post about what they are working on, we can only stay optimistic that they will eventually address the issue. The last time that they abandoned the forum, the customers posted their questions and complaints on the AllMyMovies Facebook page. This prompted Bolidesoft to reopen the forum and actually answer a few long-standing requests for assistance. It is a shame to waste the valuable resources that a forum can provide to your customers. But, without input from the developers, we can only speculate as to what is occurring. :shock:

I am no expert with the software, and can only offer advice from my own experience with using it. Let the forum know what issue(s) you are facing and give us a chance to learn together!

[Edit] There is an online user's manual that may hold answers to your questions, as well:
http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/help/

RobertR
RobertR

Post #5by RobertR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks again Viki for your valuable comments.

You know, I would hate to move from one abandoned piece of software to a new one, just to find out that the same happens here. But I will definitely look at the information provided at the link you mentioned.

Viki F
Viki F

Post #6by Viki » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Great news! (I hope that you are still following this thread...)
Today, when I visited the forum, I found that someone has cleaned it up!
The nonsense posts that had flooded the forums have been completely weeded out.
And, a newer build of AMM has been added to the Bolidesoft website. Reportedly, to fix issues with filmaffinity's latest changes.
AllMyMovies v8.9 build 1454 is now the latest build.

Kudos to Bolidesoft! Job well done. :D

Return to “All My Movies”