after recently buying AMM I had to discover that this software is no longer supported, which is a pity. Perhaps someone can help me with a very weird issue, otherwise I have to move elsewhere:
I bought AMM since the most recent release is able to import PVD (another abandoned movie database which I used prior to AMM) records. I was able to import my PVD records including the covers. Now I found out that AMM does not support the IMDB "Original Language" field, so I created a custom text field "Original Language" in AMM, exported the database, added the values for the new custom field and re-imported the data into AMM. Everything looks perfect, I have completely transferred my PVD records into AMM, including the custom field.
The weird issue that I am now facing is when I want to edit a movie, this is what happens:
- I add a new movie to the database by using "Add movie from file". AMM reads the details from IMDB and completes the information.
- I am manually adding a cover image. So far everything is good.
- I click on "Edit movie details" and go to the "Custom Fields" tab to manually enter the original language.
- The drop-down for the custom field correctly shows me a list of all the distinct values in the database. I select the correct value for the movie and click on "Ok" to save the changes.
- Now, when I immediately edit the movie details again, the value in the custom field is still visible and correct.
- I switch to a different move and then back to the movie I just added.
- I edit the movie again and the custom field is now empty.
The same happens to me now with some of the movie detail fields, for example the media type, so the issue is not limited to custom fields. It does not happen with other drop-down fields like the "Main genre" field, so I could not identify a pattern so far.
It looks like the values are cached in memory, but never actually written to the database.
Does anyone have an idea on what could cause this issue and how to resolve it? I would really appreciate your input.
Thank you very much in advance,