Filmaffinity (Spanish) HOST UNREACHABLE

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

etrabajos
etrabajos
With us: 6 years

Post #1by etrabajos » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Hola,

Desde hace varios días estoy intentando buscar las películas como venía haciendo a través de Filmaffinity y me salta un error que dice:

Host unreachable
¡No se puede conectar!
- Comprueba tu conexión a internet!
Por favor, asegúrese que Internet Explorer es capaz de abrir www.bolidesoft.com. Probablemente, la opción "trabajar sin conexión" está marcada en IE. Nuestro programa usa el motor de Internet Explorer para búsquedas en línea.

Y no me permite buscar la ficha, sin embargo, IE sí es capaz de abrir esa página y tb filmaffinity con lo que no sé como solventarlo. Espero que lo solucionen rápido porque es la única BBDD que utilizo. Gracias

Added after 7 minutes 48 seconds:
For several days now I have been trying to find films as I have been doing through Filmaffinity and I have an error that says:

Unreachable host
Can not connect!
- Check your internet connection!
Please make sure that Internet Explorer is able to open www.bolidesoft.com. Probably, the option "work offline" is marked in IE. Our program uses the Internet Explorer engine for online searches.

And it doesnt allow me to search the file, however, IE is able to open filmaffinity and bolidesoft each, with what I dont know how to solve it. I hope they solve it quickly because it is the only DB I use. Thank you

etrabajos
etrabajos

Post #2by etrabajos » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:35 pm

I bought your AllmyMovies and AllmyBooks and I have wroten 6 times to solve my problem with the Filmaffinity database through e-mail, forum and Facebook, your answer: "nothing (silence)" is this how solve the problems of the customers? I would like them to give me an answer.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #3by Viki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:47 am

I am not familiar with any of the Spanish language sites, but I did search through the forum and found this advice when another member faced a similar situation:

Try opening www.bolidesoft.com in Internet Explorer. If it opens fine, it means you need to check your firewall software - it may well block the program. Also, make sure you have not checked "Use proxy" in the All My Movies Preferences.

From my own experience, you could try deleting your 'cookies' from Internet Explorer before attempting to use Filmaffinity again. Sometimes cookies behave in a strange manner and recreating them will usually resolve your connection problems. :roll: As far as I know, the software was made to work with Internet Explorer, so attempting to use another browser will not resolve the issue.

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #4by bolide » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:51 pm

FilmAffinity turned on forced redirect to https protocol recently. This may cause that "cannot connect" error. We just uploaded the new AMM build and this issue is possibly fixed (we cannot reproduce it on our computers). However, due to https protocol, getting movie details from FilmAffinity with AMM will not work on old computers with Windows XP installed.
Bolide Software

etrabajos
etrabajos

Post #5by etrabajos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:41 am

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your response @Viki and @Bolide. I'm a little desperate because I've been with the same problem for several weeks and I am still have been unable to fix it.

@Viki: I am using Norton Antivirus and the Firewall has the option to allow programs: AMM and Internet Explorer:
The option of the proxy doesn't appear in the new version of AMM
I have deleted all my 'cookies' from Internet Explorer Image

@Bolide: I have downloaded and installed the new version. I am using "Windows 8 Pro" OS Image
In summary: I continue with the same problem:
I would like to know if it works for you when you select the search through Filmaffinity (Spanish) because it's the unique database that I use and it's a big problem for me. I appreciate your help. Do you work well with Filmaffinity (spanish)? Thanks

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #6by Viki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:27 am

I went into "Options" and changed the default database to 'Filmaffinity (Spanish)' and then tried to add a movie.
It connected very quickly and this is how it appeared:
Click image to see in full

Note: I do not speak or read Spanish so I cannot comment about 'what' was filled in, but I had no problem connecting to their database.
I am also using the latest build. AMM v8.9.1454

You could try flushing your DNS by opening a cmd box and typing each command, one at a time:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Afterwards, try again to add a title to your database and see if you can connect.

etrabajos
etrabajos

Post #7by etrabajos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:16 am

Thanks again @Viki the problem then must be mine, but I can't find what motivated that from one day to the other I couldn't connect to Filmaffinity, with other databases I have no problem. I have cleaned my DNS but it dont fix it. Do you think that filmaffinity block my IP?

Added after 11 minutes 29 seconds:
SOLVED!!!!!

Thanks for your help I finally found the solution.

I tried to open the page via Internet Explorer but I got the following error message:

Then, I enabled SSL and TLS in my IE browser:

And now it's fine! Thank you very much for your answers and help!

Return to “All My Movies”