Newbie Questions

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

UtNut
UtNut
With us: 5 years 10 months

Post #1by UtNut » Tue May 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi All,

As said I'm completely new to All My Movies and therefore have a few questions:

- Any hints, tips or tricks on how to import custom fields from PVD, if at all possible?

- Any chance importing from allmovie.com in the future?

- Why is it that if you want to view a certain custom field you get "not defined" of another custom field?
For instance when grouped by Media Label.

TIA for your help

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Tue May 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Greetings,

:idea: This is just my suggestion for importing from PVD - I believe that you would need to 'Export' your desired fields from PVD first.
According to their help page, this can only be done as plain text. AMM can import CSV text, so maybe try the PVD export template labeled 'CSV'.
Spoiler
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,2117.html#post_s7
You could attempt this with a new database created in AMM just to test...
I'll dig around some more and see what else may help.

UtNut
UtNut

Post #3by UtNut » Tue May 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Cheers Viki, FYI I've successfully imported the PVD db in AMM using PVD Import in AMM's menu (works like a charm), but I got a number of Personal Fields in PVD and with nearly 5,000 records it would be a tall order to manually put that in AMM.
What I'm looking for is if there's a possibility to export these fields (and all others if necessary) from PVD into an .xml and then import it to AMM.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 pm

You would need to set up the same personal (custom) fields in AMM to receive the imported data. Since I am not familiar with PVD, this is probably a question for the brains at Bolidesoft. But, I don't see why if you have the custom fields existing in AMM, you should be able to import a CSV text from PVD with the same fields included. I recommend making a backup of your AMM database, and then create a different database in AMM to play with the new import from PVD. (This way, you won't lose the progress you have made so far.) I could be wrong, but attempting to mass update your existing database with partial information might be disastrous.
Creating an entirely new database with all of the desired fields would be the safer route to follow. Then again, I have not tackled this type of database creation so this is my best guess. Please let me know how this works for you. I am intrigued. :wink:

UtNut
UtNut

Post #5by UtNut » Thu May 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Nada results sofar, perhaps the brains could enlighten us?

Return to “All My Movies”