Help splitting up database

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #1by bolide » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:44 pm

We will add the ability to select multiple records to mark/unmark in the next AMM update, thanks for the idea!
Bolide Software

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:39 pm

bolide wrote:We will add the ability to select multiple records to mark/unmark in the next AMM update, thanks for the idea!

Would it also be possible to sort/filter records based on the user's input?
Say, for instance; I want to move files based on genre (I have created a genre for TV Shows)
I could filter search results to the genre "TV Shows" to obtain the list of titles to incorporate into the new database.
Does 'appending' records to a new db remove them from the original db?
If not, then the ability to "MOVE to a new db" would be more desirable than appending them.

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #3by bolide » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Viki wrote:Would it also be possible to sort/filter records based on the user's input?
Say, for instance; I want to move files based on genre (I have created a genre for TV Shows)
I could filter search results to the genre "TV Shows" to obtain the list of titles to incorporate into the new database.
Does 'appending' records to a new db remove them from the original db?
If not, then the ability to "MOVE to a new db" would be more desirable than appending them.

You can set the option in Append dialog to delete the movies from the source database. The movies in the list there can be sorted by title, date added, date modified only. They cannot be filtered.
Yes, I think it will be better to implement a separate "MOVE to a new (or existing) database" function. Added this to the to-do list
Bolide Software

Return to “All My Movies”