AMM Database Manager

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

manalf
manalf
With us: 12 years 3 months

amm manager in office 2010

Post #31by manalf » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 am

Anyone know why amm office manager does not work in 2010, or can it work?

Jasmine2211
Jasmine2211
With us: 11 years 10 months

re

Post #32by Jasmine2211 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 am

AMM Database Manager...Thank you admin
Fake Oakley Sunglasses would be the absolute fit.http://www.bestoakley.net

toasterking
toasterking
With us: 11 years 2 months

Post #33by toasterking » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 pm

This is a great tool. Years later, I still find it indispensable. I moved my movie collection to a new house and need to reorganize all the media into a new cabinet, hence I need to filter by media type and change all the locations in bulk in the database.

I got it working in Windows 7 SP1 x64 with Office 2003 SP3. I haven't tried later versions of Office. I made an MSI installer package that installs the ActiveX components in x64 versions of Windows. This will probably work in the x64 versions of Windows Vista and Windows 8 also, but I haven't tried it. This is what I did:

1. Install Microsoft Office 2003. (Later versions may work; I haven't tried them.)
2. Install SP3 for Microsoft Office 2003 (available via Windows Update if you enable updating of other Microsoft applications).
3. Download my ActiveX component installer package from here: https://anonfiles.com/file/cd565c7fd91d17c19f65db5a27c512da
Unzip it and double-click the MSI file to install.
4. Download AMM Manager 2003 version 2.12 from here: https://anonfiles.com/file/aeb3d8fca6d1c67baeeb423f595ab0cd
Unzip it and put the "AMM Manager 2003.mde" file wherever you wish.
5. Double-click "AMM Manager 2003.mde" to run. If you get the message "Do you want to block unsafe expressions?", click No. If you get a security warning regarding "AMM Manager 2003.mde", click Open. Then just select your movie database file.

Edit: Updated download link for ActiveX component installer.
Edit: Updated both download links again.
Last edited by toasterking on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

starazaba
starazaba
With us: 11 years 1 month

AMM MAnager not working in Windows 7 x64

Post #34by starazaba » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 am

@toasterking, I've followed your instructions, but when I try to open database I am getting following message: "Oject or class does not support the set of events".

toasterking
toasterking

Re: AMM MAnager not working in Windows 7 x64

Post #35by toasterking » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 pm

starazaba wrote:@toasterking, I've followed your instructions, but when I try to open database I am getting following message: "Oject or class does not support the set of events".

@starazaba,

My apologies. I looked at my MSI package again and it looks like the directory variables got screwed up while it was building. I uploaded a new version. Right-click the "AMM Manager ActiveX Install for Windows 7 x64.msi" file you already downloaded and select Uninstall. Then download the new version from http://depositfiles.com/files/0s7scvbw7. Unzip the new MSI and double-click it to install. Then repeat step 5 above and see if AMM Manager starts now.

Note that my package is made for 64-bit versions of Windows 7. If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, use the ActiveXSetup.exe installer that comes with AMM Manager. If you're not sure which you have, you can click the Start orb, right-click Computer, and select Properties.

trattner
trattner
With us: 10 years 7 months

Where exactly are the files?

Post #36by trattner » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Dear All,

Despite the last entry (prior to mine, that is) being dated relatively recently, all my attempts to download the files allegedly posted there failed ("file not found") :(

Can anyone point me (and everybody else) in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Eric

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Re: Where exactly are the files?

Post #37by Viki » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:11 am

trattner wrote:Dear All,

Despite the last entry (prior to mine, that is) being dated relatively recently, all my attempts to download the files allegedly posted there failed ("file not found") :(

Can anyone point me (and everybody else) in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Eric

This is all that I can find:

Code: Select all

http://www.bolidesoft.com/software/manager/AMM%20Manager%202003.zip

If you are getting an error "ActiveX component can't create object"
http://www.bolidesoft.com/software/manager/MDAC_TYP.EXE

trattner
trattner

Post #38by trattner » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:05 am

Thank you Viki,

The trouble with those two links is that:

1. The version is a really OLD one (1.1), while 2.x (up to 2.5) seems to have been published already, and

2. They simply are not compatible with a 64bit OS (such as Win7-SP1-64bit).

My concern was with getting a usable link for the updated versions, that would install & act correctly in OS-es beyond WinXP-32bit ...

Thanks again,

Eric

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #39by Viki » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:52 am

If you have MS Office on your PC, you can use Access to manipulate the database. Or, probably any comparative database application.

trattner
trattner

Post #40by trattner » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:45 am

Thanks, Viki!

Of course, if the *.amm files are actually MS-Access files, then clearly one can use Access to manipulate them.

Then again, it was my understanding that the "AMM Manager" was specifically designed to be "AMM-friendly" and offer an easy interface to the specific design of this database.
So, just like so many others, I was just trying to put this utility to good use (rather than redeveloping it, or manipulating the database at "raw" level).

Hopefully, someone might know where this gem hides ...

Thanks again,

Eric

toasterking
toasterking

Post #41by toasterking » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:02 am

trattner wrote:Hopefully, someone might know where this gem hides ...

Ooh, I know! Pick me, pick me! =)

Sorry that it took so long for me to see this post and get back to you. I still have the files. Apparently, the download links on depositfiles.com expired and they no longer allow anonymous file posting, either. I uploaded them to anonfiles.com instead and updated the links in my post (third post in this thread). Perhaps someone knows of another free file hosting site that offers a more permanent solution, but until then, get 'em while they're still there!

My initial instructions still stand. I still haven't tried this with a version of Office later than 2003. And BTW, Office 2003 SP3 still installs and works in Windows 8 Pro 64-bit even though Microsoft claims it doesn't. If you have success with a later version of Office, I and (probably) others are interested in the details!

trattner
trattner

AMM DB Manager

Post #42by trattner » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Dear "ToasterKing",

Thanks for the input (as they say in French "mieux vaut tard que jamais") :)

Believe it or not, but the Manager actually WORKS (Win7-SP1-64bit & Access 2013-32bit).

Only the location to which you uploaded the files seems (according to the AntiViri a/o) to be a hazardous site to work through ...

So why don't you try to upload it in a safe place (say: even Bolide's site!)?

Thanks again,

Eric

toasterking
toasterking

Re: AMM DB Manager

Post #43by toasterking » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Eric,

I'm glad it works for you!

Good suggestion regarding the file hosting! I found that file links still exist for AMM Manager 2003 1.11 and MDAC (32-bit) on the page http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/download.html. I contacted the Bolide site administrator to see if I can get my files posted there.

trattner
trattner

AMM DB Manager

Post #44by trattner » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Dear "ToasterKing",

That's precisely what I had in mind; actually, I also approached Max (Bolide Software) with the same suggestion - hope this works for you (and for the whole community).

Also, while the subject is still "hot":

1. The SAME database technology is shared by other Bolide products (such as "All My Books");

2. Wouldn't it be worthwhile to adapt the "Manager" to work with those too? Or just create parallel versions of it for those other DBs (such as an "AMB BD Manager")?

Thanks again,

Eric

P.S.: A typo in my previous post: Access is 2010-SP2, and not as stated; sorry!

toasterking
toasterking

Re: AMM DB Manager

Post #45by toasterking » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 pm

trattner wrote:Wouldn't it be worthwhile to adapt the "Manager" to work with those too?

Sure, go right ahead. :)

I'm not the author of AMM Manager 2003; I am just a user who got it to work in 64-bit versions of Windows and trying to help other users out. The author used the user name "datasource" on the forums here and appears not to have posted nor updated the application since 2008. I am not a developer on the project and have no plans to extend it.

Return to “All My Movies”