MD's Glass template

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

MD
MD
With us: 17 years 7 months

Post #46by MD » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:44 pm

RC 2 is finally ready.
As usual it's on the first page of this topic.
I've fixed the problems Cor mentioned.
  • The not working glow is an IE problem
    I won't solve this problem
  • I tried to re-align the moviecard links
    Didn't work so I made the width of the moviecard labels a little wider :roll:
  • The UTF-8 / Western European coding problems from Jarl, Krenton and HEDGEROW can't be solved (unless you can change some code in AMM :roll: )
    The final version will be released as 2 templates:
    1: Glass ( UTF-8 )
    2: Glass ( Western European )
    I hope this solution will be accepted

I tried to add some code so users can add there own picture as background image to this template.
Unfortunately this code is very buggy so I didn't implement this, but it was realy cool 8)
I guess users have to add there own image when they upload the movielist

Cor
Cor
With us: 16 years 4 months

Post #47by Cor » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:04 pm

MD wrote:RC 2 is finally ready.
I've fixed the problems Cor mentioned.
Thanks!!!

The change log looks promising!
If I found another error, I will let you know, but that will be in 2008! :wink:

Cor
Cor

Post #48by Cor » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Happy New Year!!!

Thank you for all the effort you put into changing your template and most of the errors are fixed!
I still see the text over the movie cover... very strange. :? I have looked through your code and it seems that objRow.style.display = "none"; in line 1254 does not work as it should be?!? However it is not correct, if you replace that line of code with objRow.style.visibility = "hidden"; it works like a charm...

I discovered one small error, the details text lines are not on the same line in your movie card. The labels are vertically aligned in the middle and the actual details are aligned to the top. This can simple be fixed by adding the following line of code to the stylesheet.

Code: Select all

#movie_card td{
   vertical-align: middle;
}

MD
MD

Post #49by MD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:27 am

Cor wrote:Happy New Year!!!

Thank you for all the effort you put into changing your template and most of the errors are fixed!
I still see the text over the movie cover... very strange. :? I have looked through your code and it seems that objRow.style.display = "none"; in line 1254 does not work as it should be?!? However it is not correct, if you replace that line of code with objRow.style.visibility = "hidden"; it works like a charm...

I discovered one small error, the details text lines are not on the same line in your movie card. The labels are vertically aligned in the middle and the actual details are aligned to the top. This can simple be fixed by adding the following line of code to the stylesheet.

#movie_card td{
   vertical-align: middle;
}

Thanks, I'll add it to the next version (the final I hope :wink: )

Cor
Cor

Post #50by Cor » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Hopefully, untill now I did not find any other errors... :roll:

There is one other but also more complicated solution to fix the text floating over the cover image. In your movie card function you set the rowSpan to a fix number and this (probably) causes the problems in IE. Instead of hiding the unused rows, you can also not create them and count only the used rows. At the end of the movie card function you can use this number to set the rowSpan of the movie card cell.

The following code I used to calculate the actual number of rows:

numberOfRows = document.getElementById("movie_card").rows.length - 3;

MD
MD

Post #51by MD » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:08 pm

I has been some time since I updated this topic.
I've added the changes you mentioned including the rowpan calculation code.
RC 3 is as usual on the first page :D

And some other news:
I'm currently experimenting with a very simple template framework.
- The framework will support sort and search functions.
- Only the most basic javacript functions will be in the template.
- The template wil have almost no stylesheet.
This framework will be for developers who want to make there own template with search and sort functions :wink:

Cor
Cor

Post #52by Cor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:03 pm

I have tested your template and it works great! The summary text stays indeed under the movie cover in IE. :wink:

A template framework with basic search and sort options... that is looks promising! I am still coding my template and most of the basic code is finished. The movie list is dynamically generated and there is an option to few the movies in a list with movie details and as thumbnails. The search and sort options are not yet coded and therefore I am interested in your template framework.

MD
MD

Post #53by MD » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:57 am

Cor wrote:I have tested your template and it works great! The summary text stays indeed under the movie cover in IE. :wink:

A template framework with basic search and sort options... that is looks promising! I am still coding my template and most of the basic code is finished. The movie list is dynamically generated and there is an option to few the movies in a list with movie details and as thumbnails. The search and sort options are not yet coded and therefore I am interested in your template framework.

The framework is complete :D
http://www.bolidesoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=922
The framework is super stable if you compare it with the glass template :!:

killemall
killemall
With us: 16 years

Post #54by killemall » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Any change that you put the old versions back online ?
Since version 2 my page doesn't work anymore. The layout is shown but no content. After a sort the content is shown, but selecting one of the movies clear everything.

Cor
Cor

Post #55by Cor » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:59 pm

That is strange... :?
Which browser and operating system do you use killemall?

killemall
killemall

Post #56by killemall » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:31 am

Check www.itse.nl/movielist/list/html

I'm using MSIE6 and FF2 running on WinXP, both worked ok until the recent version of MD's glass template.

Cor
Cor

Post #57by Cor » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:21 pm

I have checked you website and indeed only the layout is shown.
Are you aware that you have to copy everything from the AMM out folder to you website directory? Probably not, because you use the scrip file from release candidate 1 (RC1) and not the one from RC3. To solve this, just copy js_functions.png file from the img directory of the RC3 template folder or the AMM output folder to the img directory on your website. To fully update to RC3, also copy the files kw_12.png, kw_16.png, kw_6.png, kw_9.png and kw_all.png to the img directory on your website. 8)

MD
MD

Post #58by MD » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:37 pm

It looks like you tried to ugrade an older template.

The best thing you can do is creating a new folder for Glass RC3 and copy all files from the zipfile into that folder.

Then export your movie list with the new template :wink:

killemall
killemall

Post #59by killemall » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:21 am

Hey, I could have made that up myself ... NOT.

Now it works again like it did before :D :D

Thanks !

killemall
killemall

Post #60by killemall » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:39 pm

*** niks gezegd **** :roll:

Return to “All My Movies”