Scrolling bug

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Post #1by guest » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi

Im evaluating All My Movies as one of four movie indexing software packages. For the most part I like AMM although it is lacking some features I would like to see. Mos of my other wishes have been stated in this forum already.

However, I am posting this because i think i may have found a bug in scrolling through listing.

If i have Group Movies set to any of the first 4 options, I can use my mouse wheel to scroll up or down. If I use my cruise down button, it does cruise down, however, if i use my cruise up button, it still scrolls down. The cruise up function works fine in all other apps i use.

Furthmore, if i Group Movies to any of the lower options (ie Media Type and expand DVD) I can then no longer scroll up or down with the mouse wheel or my cruise up/down buttons.

Although these may seem minor, to me they save me alot of time when navigating through my 1500+ movie collection

Keep up the good work

Cheers

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 8 months

Re: Scrolling bug

Post #2by bolide » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:40 pm

I am sorry, it is hard to fix this issue because we need to have your mouse with the mouse's software installed to figure out why it happens.
It works ok with all of our mouses.

As for the bug with the scrolling with mouse wheel in the tree-mode, I hope we will fix it soon. Thank you for the pointing out this problem
Bolide Software

Post #3by Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:39 am

Hi

I have a Logitech MX1000 mouse with the latest software.

Thanks for fixing wheel scrolling in tree mode. However there still are some bugs with it. When scrolling up with the wheel, the hilighted movie goes off the bottom of the screen and when scrolling down with the mouse wheel the highlighted movie goes off the top of the screen. Scrolling does not behave this way the standard view. Also, my cruise up and down work properly in tree mode but when i use those buttons, it jumps 32 lines at a time in the direction that i pressed.

Crusing down in standard view still works fine (not jumping 32 lines), but cruising up in standmode still is reversed and crusing down.

Looking forward to future releases and product improvements. My search has narrowed to 2!

Cheers

Cardinale
Cardinale
With us: 18 years 8 months

Post #4by Cardinale » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:01 am

Scrolling in AMM has never been perfect for me...always too fast or too slow or jumpy at the very least.

I have a Logitech G7 mouse which is pretty much an overpriced MX1000. I cannot replicate the bug you are describing however. My scroll size is set to 3 lines in the settings app though, not the default 1 line. I do not use the cruise up or down ever and don't even have them set so I did not test them.

I can say that i have to scroll slower than I would in any other app or else it seems to pop back.

Also if I have the grouping set to anything other than the first 4 options it appears not to be scrolling but it does, just not seem to update the list correctly. Odd, but not really broken.

Of course I only have 400+ movies. 1500 is insane.

Return to “All My Movies”