Movie Duration error and custom columns

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

ViDi0T
ViDi0T
With us: 18 years 5 months

Post #1by ViDi0T » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:48 am

Hi

I have found that in a number of instances when i get the movie data from IMDB that the runtime of the movie will look like Argentina:106 min. Can you adjust that field so that it only takes the number after the colon?

Also, I love the customizable columns, however I find that the field is not wide enough to display all the columns i want to and I can not drag the silder over any further. Is it possible to allow the divider to slide more to the right or perhaps allow me to select a font size for the columns?

Finally, I have IMBD, Amazaon and DVD Empire selected as my search engines. I occasionally find a movie that is not in IMBD but is in either DVD Emp or Amazon. Could you change it to allow movie details from DVD-E or Amazon if they are not availble on IMDB? All i get now is the cover and I have to manually add the rest of the info.

THanks

Keep up the good work

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 8 months

Re: Movie Duration error and custom columns

Post #2by bolide » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:11 pm

Hello ViDi0T,

ViDi0T wrote:I have found that in a number of instances when i get the movie data from IMDB that the runtime of the movie will look like Argentina:106 min. Can you adjust that field so that it only takes the number after the colon?

ok, we will try to fix this issue in the next build

ViDi0T wrote:Also, I love the customizable columns, however I find that the field is not wide enough to display all the columns i want to and I can not drag the silder over any further. Is it possible to allow the divider to slide more to the right or perhaps allow me to select a font size for the columns?

In your case you can try to press CTRL-Z and you will able to use all the window width for the grid. Movie description area will be below the grid

ViDi0T wrote:Finally, I have IMBD, Amazaon and DVD Empire selected as my search engines. I occasionally find a movie that is not in IMBD but is in either DVD Emp or Amazon. Could you change it to allow movie details from DVD-E or Amazon if they are not availble on IMDB? All i get now is the cover and I have to manually add the rest of the info.

It is hard to parse HTML code on DVDEmpire and Amazon.com. THerefore we import only the covers from them. Possibly, we will add the netflix.com database in the next version and you can use it if your movie was not found on IMDb.

By the way, if your movie was not found on IMDb, try to use less words from the movie's title.
Bolide Software

ManhuntMark
ManhuntMark
With us: 18 years 5 months

Post #3by ManhuntMark » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:23 am

It would be nice if the movie list remembered the last selected widths of the columns. :)

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 8 months

Post #4by bolide » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:06 pm

ManhuntMark wrote:It would be nice if the movie list remembered the last selected widths of the columns. :)

But it should save them! ManhuntMark, please describe your actions when the widths are not remembered
Bolide Software

Return to “All My Movies”