ing but show he is a goaltender who is knoc

Description: Just a forum for any posts ;)
Moderators: datasource, Gemini, Gus, admins

lw789
lw789
With us: 26 days 12 hours

Post #1by lw789 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:50 am

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed Patrick Maroon to a three-year contract extension after the left wings breakout season. The Ducks also signed first-round pick Nick Ritchie on Saturday. The 26-year-old Maroon scored 29 points in 62 games with the Ducks last season, his first full NHL season. His new deal is worth a reported $6 million and runs through 2018, rewarding the tough forward for years of perseverance in the minors. "It means the world to me," Maroon said in a phone interview. "Its been a tough road for me. Theres a lot of ups and downs in hockey, but the Anaheim Ducks gave me a lot of confidence." Maroon was a frequent healthy scratch early last season, but he cemented his spot in coach Bruce Boudreaus lineup in January, even earning playing time on the Pacific Division champions top line with captain Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry. "I think after the Olympic break, I came back with an attitude to prove to myself that I can stay," Maroon said. "It just came, and Bruce gave me all the confidence in the world. Bruce has been good to me." Maroon added seven points and 38 penalty minutes in the post-season. His six-game post-season scoring streak was the NHLs longest by a rookie since Los Angeles Warren Rychel in 1993. The Ducks acquired Maroon from Philadelphia along with David Laliberte in 2010 in a trade for Danny Syvret and Rob Bordson. The Flyers abruptly dismissed Maroon from their AHL affiliate before the trade, never citing a specific reason for their disenchantment with their minor-league clubs leading scorer at the time. Maroon has said the Flyers dumped him because of a perceived bad attitude, but he repaired his career with the Ducks minor-league affiliates in Syracuse and Norfolk. Maroon is entering the final season of a two-year, $1.15 million contract. He had played just 15 NHL games over two seasons with Anaheim before making the team last year. Anaheim selected Ritchie with the 10th overall pick in June. He had 39 goals and 35 assists for the OHLs Peterborough Petes last year. On draft night, the bruising left wing said he intended to make the Ducks roster in training camp, which would put him in direct competition with Maroon for playing time. Custom Brooklyn Nets Jerseys . -- Houstons All-Star tandem of James Harden and Dwight Howard refused to let the Rockets give in to fatigue. DAngelo Russell Jersey . But back-up Peter Budaj has put up two wins and an overtime loss while starting three games in four nights since Price went down with a suspected groin injury. http://www.nbanetsauthority.com/drazen-petrovic-nets-jersey-c-11/. The team announced the defensive coordinator will not be offered a contract extension. Timofey Mozgov Jersey . - A lot of scenarios ran through Terrell Suggs head when the Baltimore linebacker prepared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers. Caris LeVert Jersey . The Mets made the announcement Sunday night. Parnell blew a save on opening day against Washington and the next day it was revealed he had partially torn right elbow ligament. ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Michael Hutchinson has been the difference-maker for the St. Johns IceCaps throughout the American Hockey League Eastern Conference final. Tuesdays Game 6 was no different. Hutchinson made 34 saves as St. Johns advanced to the Calder Cup final with a 5-0 win over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. "Hutchinson is playing really well right now and he played a strong game tonight," IceCaps head coach Keith McCambridge said. "He has done nothing but show he is a goaltender who is knocking on the door of the National Hockey League since we got him." The modest netminder credited his team with the shutout performance, saying the players in front of him played a great defensive game. "Fortunately the guys blocked a lot of shots, cleared rebounds and tied up sticks," Hutchinson said. "They really let me see the puck, and when I was able to see the puck I held onto it. It was a great team effort." Hutchinson added that winning the elimination game feels "unbelievable." "This is what you go for all season, to play for a championship," he said. "To get here is an unbelievable feeling, and to win on home ice makes it that much more special." McCambridge said the IceCaps were hoping the team would eliminatee the Penguins on the road, but he was happy with the Game 6 win.dddddddddddd "Everybody was disappointed that we were unable to close out the series in five (games) but you have to be realistic," he said. "Youre in the conference finals and its hard to close out (in five games), its rare. We said that if we were able to take two out of three in the oppositions building against a very good team, wed be happy with it." Eric ODell, Blair Riley, Adam Lowry, Jason Jaffray and Zach Redmond scored for St. Johns. The IceCaps opened the scoring with a power-play goal at 17:53 of the first period. ODell tipped a shot from Brenden Kichton in over the blocker of Penguins goalie Peter Mannino. Lowry doubled the IceCaps lead 3:24 into the second period, tapping in a Josh Morrissey feed that found the forward in front of the net. Riley tipped a point shot five-hole to extend the IceCaps lead to three at the 2:23 mark of the third period. Redmond scored a fourth for St. Johns with a wrist shot from the point while Jaffray screened Mannino at 5:21. Jaffray added an empty-net goal with 47.5 seconds left. Mannino made 25 saves for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. St. Johns will play the Texas Stars, who beat the Toronto Marlies in Game 7 Tuesday, for the AHL championship. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Freestyle”