Any way to edit the same field for multiple records?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

bassoprofundo
bassoprofundo
With us: 15 years 3 months

Post #1by bassoprofundo » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:59 am

As the question above states... Is there any way to select multiple records simultaneously and change the same field rather than going record by record? For instance, I imported my ebook library automatically and did Amazon imports on several to get the cover info. However, this changed the Binding field to whatever was on the Amazon entry (paperback, etc.). I'd like to modify all of the records in this database to show "E-book" instead, but I can't find any way of doing this except going record by record. Help!

bassoprofundo
bassoprofundo

Post #2by bassoprofundo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Anyone??? Even if I can't do it in AMB, is the database in standard format (SQL, etc.)? Can I open it in secondary tools and edit directly? This would save me a LOT of time.

bassoprofundo
bassoprofundo

found it

Post #3by bassoprofundo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:35 pm

In case anyone's curious, it looks like the software uses MS Jet DB Engine (a.k.a.- MS Access). I was able to open up the DB directly in Access. If anyone's taking suggestions, I would really like to see some sort of interface in the app that allows simultaneous editing of multiple fields, possibly a "table"-like view that allows sorting and editing (ex.- Ant Movie Catalog allows you to toggle between the more user-friendly graphical interface and a table view that shows records in rows along with every field in the record.) It'd be much easier than having to manually go through each record or having to match up values from the different tables in Access.

Shawn

P.S.- Are there moderators or company reps that check these posts? Would've thought that at least a "Hey, that's confidential info" response would have been warranted here. It's been a month and a half... :(

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Re: found it

Post #4by Gemini » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi, really very sorry for such a delayed reply :oops:
But unfortunately, it is impossible as yet, we'll try to think it over in next releases
:)
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”