Question before buying...

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Cndchaos
Cndchaos
With us: 14 years 10 months

Post #1by Cndchaos » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm

I am testing your software and have couple of things that is stopping me from buying the software. When I am downloading information for a book it doesn't seem to matter which site I pick, the "year" field is never populated.

For example, downloading information for Thai Horse by William Diehl from Amazon, Powells, or Barnes & Noble does not fill this field in even though all three sites do list the publishing date.

My other question is if there is an ETA on having the fictionwise plug in work? It looks like they have the most consistent naming for series information.

thanks
Last edited by Cndchaos on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Re: Questing before buying...

Post #2by Gemini » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi!
Cndchaos wrote:When I am downloading information for a book it doesn't seem to matter which site I pick, the "year" field is never populated.
For example, downloading information for Thai Horse by William Diehl from Amazon, Powells, or Barnes & Noble does not fill this field in even though all three sites do list the publishing date.
It does seem strange, because there are usually no problems with this. Are you testing the latest version?

Cndchaos wrote:My other question is if there is an ETA on having the fictionwise plug in work? It looks like they have the most consistent naming for series information.

Too busy now, that's why somewhere in a week.
Bolide Software Support Team

Cndchaos
Cndchaos

Post #3by Cndchaos » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Turns out I wasn't, but I've now installed 1.6 Build 1112 and am experiencing the same thing.

I've tried multiple sites by multiple books, but get the same results

Cndchaos
Cndchaos

Post #4by Cndchaos » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 pm

I've submitted the text below into the feedback from a bug issue.

Well I can narrow down the problem more.

If I click the add book and look up the title then it is fine...the year is populated.

However if I add an ebook (or scan directory), no information is found for them (because they are text files with author and title). After importing them, if I click on edit book, and then re-download the data it seems to download everything except the year.

Okay...I just experimented...if I manually delete the "0" from the year box before updating the information then it downloads the year. If the zero is left in there then it does not download it.

Is there a check to only update the year field if the current value is equal to a null?

Return to “All My Books”