Owch, I've been given a bogus birthday gift :(

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Realm Curator
Realm Curator
With us: 14 years 7 months

Post #1by Realm Curator » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Hello!

I was recently given a copy of your "All My Books" program as an early birthday present and was absolutely thrilled with it! I have an enormous personal library that I've been needing to get organized for years and this program is more than I could have ever hoped for! I eagerly jumped right in and began pulling books off my shelves and entering the data -- thrilled with the speed and ease of the entire process.

The interesting thing about this is that as I was entering the data, I was thinking about contacting your support forum to find out about the possibility of being able to have the ability to have the data be completed when adding additional books under the same series. (for instance: if I was adding my Left Behind series, how can the "Left Behind" be completed by just typing in the "L" in the "original title" box?). ... but I digress...

Then there suddenly started appearing "WaReZ" where the book titles should be and that's when I went "uh oh, this is not good!" Unfortunately, I am just now realizing (after loading in over 100 book titles and data) that the "gift giver" seems to have given me an illegal copy of the program. *groan*

At any rate, here I sit with several days worth of work behind me (to the exclusion of pretty much everything else!) and I cannot go on. Not to mention stacks and bags of books all over the living room, bedroom, den and anywhere else I could find an empty spot!

So... all that being said... I would like to purchase a legal copy of this program and need to know if all my work can be saved or will I need to go back to square one (oh please, please don't tell me I'll have to do that!)?

Please help me!

Thank you so much,

Realm Curator
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 am

Hi!
A funny story! :)

Okay, you will be able to save what you have already done - so find the file with the name extension of .amb and save it. On default database files are stored in the folder Documents\AllMyBooks\

Welcome to our community! :)

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Realm Curator
Realm Curator

Post #3by Realm Curator » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Oh Gemini, you are my hero!!! Thank you so very much for this wonderful news!

And for the record, it may be a funny story "now", but when I realized what was happening - it was way far from "funny"!

Off to continue my "Excellent Adventure"! :D

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Good luck to you! :D

Realm Curator
Realm Curator

Post #5by Realm Curator » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:20 pm

I have purchased the program, installed it on my computer, have a shortcut on my desktop but when I click on the shortcut it takes me to the page where I purchased the program - not the program.

What is wrong here?

and yes, I removed every trace of the previous copy (except for the .amb file)

Gemini
Gemini

Post #6by Gemini » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Try to reboot your computer - this should help.

Realm Curator
Realm Curator

Post #7by Realm Curator » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:34 pm

Gemini - you have gotta be the resident Hero!!

Thank you so much for all the excellent help you've given me! My day is a whole lot brighter with you in it! :)

Gemini
Gemini

Post #8by Gemini » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Thank you for these nice words!

It's a pleasure! :)

Regards,

Return to “All My Books”